Sportbike World banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
980 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So the nearest motorcycle road test I could schedule is march 14th. It also happens that my motorcycle permit expires on march 14th. Was wondering if anyone had any input to whether or not the permit was valid. Does the permit expire at the end of the day, or is basicly done on march 13th? NY btw.

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
Hi Slick-

Visit the Division of Motor Vehicles office in person that issued the permit and see what they say. I'm sure they'll be able to help...or at least you'll be able to sit for another permit test.

~ Blue Jays ~

·
Registered
980 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I called the call center. He said it is valid until the end of the day. However, at the end of the day, it expires, regardless of if i get my licence or not. So if I get my licence technically I dont have the correct ID to ride until it comes in the mail.

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
Hi Slick-

Once you pass your test I'm sure the license is immediately implied to you. After I passed my motorcycle roadtest, the tester shook my hand and said "...Congratulations, now stop at the office to receive your upgraded license and a get a new photograph taken. Your test passage will be in the system by the time you get there..."

If you were to be stopped by the police five minutes after midnight (the next day, March 15th) you would be guilty of a paperwork violation because you failed to have your license on your person, but that's probably about it. You would just need to attend court to show your valid license to the judge.

~ Blue Jays ~

·
Registered
21 Posts
Yea, all you'd need to pay is the court fee after showing them your license. Thirty bucks in Jersey, probably around the same in NY.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts