Sportbike World banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My buddy has a 2000(?) honda cbr600, but he's always whining about how if he had waited a year, he could've gotten the fuel injected f4i. I was wondering if there was any noticeable improvement in performance cuz I've heard honda made the older carbeurated bikes so well that there's barely any improvement in performance. So what's the deal here?
:confused:

·
Registered
298 Posts
I checked out road tests of the two bikes in four different magazines, and you're right--there's not a lot of difference. Sport Rider reports a big improvement in horsepower for the i, but only slightly better quarter-mile ET and unchanged top speed. Cycle World found power unchanged and < .1sec better ET. Motorcyclist's dyno shows a drop in power (ET's aren't comparable because their regular rider didn't test the F4). Motorcycle Consumer News measured 2.5 more horsepower for the i but a whopping .6sec better ET and 1mph lower top speed.

Moral: Individual motorcycle differences and day-to-day test condition variations overshadow improved engine performance in the F4i.

·
Registered
1,547 Posts
AlwaysNewbie said:
My buddy has a 2000(?) honda cbr600, but he's always whining about how if he had waited a year, he could've gotten the fuel injected f4i.
IMO, he needs to quit whining and learn to ride what he has because the difference in the 2 bikes is 1/100th as important as rider skill.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts