Sportbike World banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I rode for a good 4-5 hours yesterday with nothing to drink, and had gotten a bit thirsty - decided to stop by wally world and go in for something to drink and an air conditioned place to sit, and the mcdonalds in the wally world worked out nice. Once I got in there I decided I might as well go ahead and grab some food, so - I stuck around in there, I even saw the people where were about to seriously piss me off, and thought nothing of it. I stay in there for probably 10 minutes, and as I'm walking out the front door, I can see my bike, with a grown woman standing next to it, and her little rugrat (7-8 I guess) sitting on it, that irritated the hell out of me to start with - what if he'd of made it fall over trying to get on it, or if it'd have fallen over period with him sitting on it - if it'd of landed on him I'd of been looking at a lawsuit, not to mention the damage it would do to him. But then, when I got closer (my eye's aren't so great), the kid has an ice cream cone in his hand, and the ice cream has melted allllll over both of his hands, and dripped EVERYWHERE, all over the seat, tank, even up on the speedometer (how I have no fucking clue), and there were ice cream handprints on both handlebars, everything was freaking sticky. I get right up to the bike (helmet in hand), and the lady looks right at me, and didn't say a word, didn't even move her kid. I was absolutely furious, but I'm trying my best to stop being mean to people, so all I said was "I have to leave", and she said "oh, sorry" and got her kid off my bike, and HANDED ME a DIRTY napkin (that was already covered in ice cream) and walked off. :finger: :finger: :finger: :finger: I had to go back into the store and buy some windex to clean the bike off satisfactorily before going anywhere. I would never let my child (when I have them) sit on someone elses vehicle that I didn't know and ask permission to do first, much less - with his little paws filthy and getting the other persons property dirty, and what burns me the most, is it was like my showing up inconvienced her by making her and her kid leave. I don't think I could have been more upset at that moment (unless I looked over and saw my girlfriend in the backseat of a car with another guy - then I'd of probably been the most pissed possible, and someone would've wound up dead) but I am glad that I was able to handle it the way I did, Coy's new good attitude 1, old bad attitude 2039482. Slowly fixing the old problem.

·
Some days are like this.
3,132 Posts
I think Jester had this problem last summer or the summer past, and he wasn't very nice about it, and quite frankly, I think you were too nice about it.

What I can't understand is why people can't make a differentiation between a convertible car and a motorcycle. Would you even think about putting your kid, dripping with ice cream, in the driver's seat of a new convertible car with the top down? Nuh uh, didn't think so, and to me, a motorcycle is no different.

I would have walked up and told her I was calling the police for attempted theft. After all, her kid was "trying it on for size". :D If she got pissed, tough. :finger: for letting your nasty little kid on my bike, now get your non-disciplining, boundryless ass into the store and get something to clean off my bike!

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
Next time, follow the bitch home with a boiling pot of caramel and dump it all over their shitty vehicle. :finger: :finger:

Glad you could get it all cleaned up without too much of a problem.

·
Registered
5,373 Posts
I don't remember who said it, but when something like this happend to them they said... "where's your car", why, "I'm gonna sit in it and play with all the knobs and shit".:laughing:

I would have went nuts on the woman, and not let her ass walk away without realizing she had done something wrong. It takes a LOT to make me mad, but this pisses me off to no end.

·
Registered
427 Posts
BRO, Well first congrats for not kill this chick and her little kid. To many people have no respect towards other people and there property. I personal would have gone off on her. I do think that you should have said something but shocked as hell that you didn't. I just want to know what in the hell goes through these peoples minds, are they that stupid.:mad:

·
Registered
79 Posts
I have to admit that even I'm shocked at that kind of behavior, and I live in one of the most inconsiderate states in the USA. That's fucking unbelievable.

As I sit here, a thousand things to say to that lady are going through my head. I'm a genuinely nice person, but I'm also a huge smartass by nature. Spicerke is right...you don't see people putting their kids in others' cars...what's the difference? I honestly think I would have walked up and calmly taken the ice cream cone and tossed it to the ground. If that lady opened her mouth one millimeter I'd tell her to learn how to be a parent and let her dirty kid screw up her own vehicle.

Reading your post actually pisses me off.:finger:

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well, I spent most of today giving the bike a thorough cleaning, and I'm very pissed off, it looks like there's scratches on the side fairings that weren't there before, I think they're from the kids shoes (like the little metal things you run your laces through) or something, cause there's no way it's from bugs, and it's never ever touched the pavement - and a couple of the scratches are pretty deep. I still am glad I handled the situation nicer than I would've back some time ago, I'd of been very hateful and probably hurt feelings, and I'm trying to get out of that, but - after reading some replies, I'm not sure if under-reacting isn't worse than over-reacting.

·
Registered
1,344 Posts
Rugrat vandalism

CMD 954,

Congratulations on your successful test of self-restraint. You are a better person for it and certainly a much better person than that totally inconsiderate idiot of a lady.

Honestly, why in the hell do people think it's ok to sit-on, touch, handle, whatever, somebody's motorcycle while doing the same type of thing to a person's car would be unthinkable?!

·
Registered
860 Posts
yes exactally....i have friends who think my bike is like a 4 wheeler or somthing....one time while i was letting my bike warm up one of my buds grabs the throttle and opens her up in Nuetral im like WTF is your problem just because you drive a peice of shit and my bike is worth more then your truck that doesnt give you the right to do that....i have jealous friends

·
Registered
610 Posts
Too nice

i wont even tell ya what i would have did to the lady or the car... all i know is that you should have spoke up and quit bein so nice.. it gets ya no where in this world.. least that is what i have expericenced with most people..

·
Registered
6,400 Posts
I have openly prided myself in being one that does not flair up over anthing & especially road rage or such.

Still to be honest the rare, rare times I have had something even SLIGHTLY close to that I simply tore into the woman & yes it was a woman in one case & a man in another. Mind you none of the mess like cmd had then or after cleaning up his bike.

Basically I tore into them about the neglect of safety of their children & what might have happened if the bike went over & crushed one the child's
limbs to even a crippling, for life in mentality due to a scull fracture. Above all that this was a most costly & very rare (okay so my enitial's are BS & I use it at times) two wheeled vehicle that is only balanced by said prop stand or the rider himself.

It is a knowen factor in my driveway, which is at the bottom of a T of two roads NO kids come on to my property even when it is empty & especially when I am working of on the bike. They all have learned to teach the kids to ride their bicycles on the RIGHT side of the road (I have politely complimented the mother in her son/daughter with first try at riding a bicycle without training wheels, BUT ask if she will PLEASE teach the child to ride on the CORRECT side of the road & point out in coming onto this road from below & staying on the right side due to a tall hedge no one can possibly see the child till they hit said child with their cage or m/c--which happed to me some 15 yrs ago on my m/c) AND when I fire up the bike any kids around will simply get well away from my take-off zone. I started this back in '78 & the kids of NOW still know it ------- I am definately looked upon as the EVIL one!!!!!!!!

Lastly I am not a friend to any neighbor, no one counts on me to help them for I do not count on them. I am a loner to be left alone, but also avoided for that is my way.

·
Registered
860 Posts
Smitty said:

Lastly I am not a friend to any neighbor, no one counts on me to help them for I do not count on them. I am a loner to be left alone, but also avoided for that is my way.
i hate it when some neighbors ask you to do stuff for them but they are always busy when it is your turn to ask them for a favor...now on the other hand i have a neighbor who i wish would ask to help her with stuff...:eyebrows:

·
Registered
312 Posts
Burner said:
I can't believe that you are all missing the most important point.

Was she hot?
It was a WalMart. Take a wild guess. :laughing:

I'm usually pretty silent, but I would have chewed this bitch a new asshole. I work at a job I don't particularly enjoy to afford my toys. No way I'd let some WalMart trash get away with this BS.

·
Registered
352 Posts
Shoulda come out sprinting and dropkicked the little shitspreader right off there.;)

·
Registered
136 Posts
People like that mother are not deserving of your patience or forgivness. They are rude and inconsiderate. T

I had a similar situation happen to me with some kids a little older. A second kid was climbing up the non kickstand side when I yelled at them. I told the kids to "get the #$%* off my bike" the first nano second I saw them.

"It was a Walmart. Take a wild guess" Good one UFO:D

·
Resident Smart Ass!
3,933 Posts
spicerke said:
I think Jester had this problem last summer or the summer past, and he wasn't very nice about it, and quite frankly, I think you were too nice about it.

:crying: I was too nice!

Besides, you said I let the little snot live! :twofinger

Ok, rode the bike to work today. About 2 hours later I see some little snot CLIMBING on my bike. I could not believe it, his grandmother was standing right there watching him and did nothing, big shock I know. I walk over and tell him to get off the bike, he gives me a look like "I don't think so", his grandmother gave me another one... I won't say what it looked like though. After he got off it finally, I noticed there were handprints all over the tank. Sticky finger prints to be exact. We have a hot dog stand in front of work that also sells flavored shaved icee's. I had blue handprints all over the tank. I just detailed the bike yesterday too. Man I was pissed at that little snot!

http://sbw.sportbikes.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=26524

·
Registered
136 Posts
Ever play GTA Vice City? When you jack a bike from the front, the guy does a flying drop kick on the rider.
Thats the image I cant get out of my head right now.

·
S370HSSV 0773H
7,434 Posts
cmd954 said:
Well, I spent most of today giving the bike a thorough cleaning, and I'm very pissed off, it looks like there's scratches on the side fairings that weren't there before, I think they're from the kids shoes (like the little metal things you run your laces through) or something, cause there's no way it's from bugs, and it's never ever touched the pavement - and a couple of the scratches are pretty deep. I still am glad I handled the situation nicer than I would've back some time ago, I'd of been very hateful and probably hurt feelings, and I'm trying to get out of that, but - after reading some replies, I'm not sure if under-reacting isn't worse than over-reacting.
I think it is very commendable to try to be a nicer person, but you also need to realize that there are times where anger is still appropriate. I don't know your past but I would say don't go from being a total asshole to being a total pushover either. Try to balance yourself somewhere in the middle, getting angry when it is justified and letting things slide when they really aren't a big deal. I think in this kind of scenario it's the parents who are to blame, not necessarily the kids. If the parents would teach kids about respecting other people's property, basic manners, etc. a lot of things like this probably wouldn't happen. I'd have torn into the mom and not the kid.

And if that doesn't work you could always punch the bitch in the face. :thumb:

1 - 20 of 53 Posts