Sportbike World banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What's up all. I'm transferring to Germany and just want to know what the riding is like over there? I'll be down in the Stuttgart community. Oh, by the way, I'm a Navy guy and I know that Stuttgart is a huge Army area, so take it easy on me. I've already lived in Italy and the riding there was great except for all the stray dogs running around.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I didn't ride when I was over there. But if I ever go back, I'm definetely gonna take my bike along. I wish I could have the thing here in Korea. But enjoy Germany, it's a hell of a good time. Some day I'll be back.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the info. Me and my wife are realy looking forward to going over there. Have a good one and enjoy the holiday season.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Hell yeah Germany is awsome

Welcome to Germany. First off, There is awsome riding in Germany. I am up in the Rammstein area I can show you all the cool spots up here. I am leaving form Iraq tomarrow and will be back up there. E-mail me for more info. [email protected]. Well got to go. Allways looking for new riders for our little crew. Its a lotta fun. Look forward to hearing from you. (Even tho you are Navy!!!!) LOL just kidding.

·
Registered
2 Posts
PCS to Germany

I'm not sure if this will work, I wrote you a long reply to this a couple of days ago, if this post works this time just e-mail me. I bought my first new bike in Germany (a 92 FZR600R currently over 120,000 miles) I put almost 15,000 on it that two years I was stationed at Ramstien. Write me at [email protected] and I'll give you some advice. Trust me you'll love it. The real riding season is short but intense and worth it.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I'm in Heidelberg, and the roads here are pretty good. The Polizei don't bug us, and we can get some pretty good twisties going. You can ride about 8-9 months out of the year. It's never hot enough to keep you from riding, eve with all your gear. It does rain quite a bit, and there is also some snow...alot like Seattle. In the summer there are hundreds of bikes on the roads. I don't know off hand what the rules are for the Navy as far as a motorcycle license, but it is a pain for the Army. Be prepared to spend a month or more just getting legal to drive. Some people choose to drive illegally (without a license), but if they get caught then it's their ass. Welcome to Deutschland.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts