Sportbike World banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just out of curiousity..

What was the length of time [from the moment you recieved your license] 'til you decided to have a passenger ride with you??

And how did you feel?? [confident, lil scared, etc]

·
Registered
925 Posts
I have no passenger pegs on my bike (I do wish I could find the right side one though:mad: ), and have never had the passenger seat on ;)

·
Registered
5,373 Posts
I don't think I offered to ride anyone on my bike for the first couple years I rode. I just didn't want the responsibility of having someone's life in my hands.
When I rode someone for the first time it was a little awkward, and I was a little nervous. But after that it was fine.

·
Registered
163 Posts
aushies said:
Just out of curiousity..

What was the length of time [from the moment you recieved your license] 'til you decided to have a passenger ride with you??

What makes you think people actually wait to get a license before taking passengers?

http://streetbikeworld.com/uploads/820crew-CBR900-2UpWheelieCrash-23sec.mpeg

Seriously, make sure your first passenger is someone who has ridden on a bike before. Or better yet, is a rider.

A new passenger can make a veteran rider fall, so choose carefully.

Take it slow, don't try to impress them, and you should be ok.

·
Resident Smart Ass!
3,933 Posts
I have one rear peg on mine, when the dip dongs at the local dealership put on my high mount exhaust, the could not figure out how to put the peg back on. Morons!

Now I just use the one peg to put my disk lock on.:D

·
Registered
6,400 Posts
Around two years, only since '50 have never carried a pillion rider & when I note bikes have pillion footrests I remove them.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I had my girlfriend ride with me the first week.

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
I don't have a bike yet, but I don't plan on taking any passengers with me anytime soon after I get my bike. I certainly wouldn't take them on without protective gear, and even if I wanted to, I don't have the funds at the moment to buy more gear besides for myself. Most of my friends will probably want a ride but they'll just have to wait...a while.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts