Sportbike World banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A buddy of mine picked up a pretty cool toy for his shop. Its a CNC style Laser engraver. You can scan any picture, and it will etch the picture into Leather, Plastic, Wood, Glass, Marble, Granite, etc. Last night we stayed at the shop till late, late, trying to getting the machine up and running and testing the laser on various stone materials. We engraved names and pictures of animals in granite countertops....very, very, impressive!

Getting to the good stuff, he is going to let me use the machine to do any bike stuff we can think of, such as, etching names or logos into leather, windscreens, etc. To test this stuff out, does anyone have any broken windscreens, a piece of glass, or a scrap piece of leather we can test on? If so, let me know if there is a picture you'd like engraved and call me this afternoon! We will continue our projects again this evening.

-David
586-531-3515

·
Registered
4,998 Posts
MrOrangePants said:
A buddy of mine picked up a pretty cool toy for his shop. Its a CNC style Laser engraver. You can scan any picture, and it will etch the picture into Leather, Plastic, Wood, Glass, Marble, Granite, etc. Last night we stayed at the shop till late, late, trying to getting the machine up and running and testing the laser on various stone materials. We engraved names and pictures of animals in granite countertops....very, very, impressive!

Getting to the good stuff, he is going to let me use the machine to do any bike stuff we can think of, such as, etching names or logos into leather, windscreens, etc. To test this stuff out, does anyone have any broken windscreens, a piece of glass, or a scrap piece of leather we can test on? If so, let me know if there is a picture you'd like engraved and call me this afternoon! We will continue our projects again this evening.

-David
586-531-3515
I'm sure if I look hard enough I can find some stuff :D hmmm, I need to check this out. How well can you control the depth and all? I can see some pimp custom engraved shit on my bike (s).

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Re: Re: Parts Needed - FREE engraving...

LuckyStrike said:
I'm sure if I look hard enough I can find some stuff :D hmmm, I need to check this out. How well can you control the depth and all? I can see some pimp custom engraved shit on my bike (s).
The finese' stuff will come along as we get to test different materials, and go after a specific finish you are looking for.

Last night we finished engraving some granite and moved onto wood. By slowing down the speed, it actually caught the wood on fire....heck Karen would have been in 7th Heaven. ON the flip side, Judge could have a computer engraved TATTOO!

Anyhow, let me know what you have in mind. If you have a picture, send it to my work email at "[email protected]". Then we can meet up later to test it on plastics, etc.

·
Registered
2,254 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Parts Needed - FREE engraving...

. ON the flip side, Judge could have a computer engraved TATTOO!

. [/B]

uhm no....that sounds like it would suck..especially if I caught on fire...but I may have some scrap.....500" lexan....do me an ICE Nine logo on it...I'll bring the stuff home tonight...can also get some scrap aluminum in thin stuff too

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Re: Re: Re: Re: Parts Needed - FREE engraving...

Judge said:
uhm no....that sounds like it would suck..especially if I caught on fire...but I may have some scrap.....500" lexan....do me an ICE Nine logo on it...I'll bring the stuff home tonight...can also get some scrap aluminum in thin stuff too
Sounds good. Can you or Zerexsix email me the graphic in a JPEG format to my work email. [email protected] Then I'll meet up with ya and grab the materials. If you happen to venture out to 22 and Ryan....bring the stuff with ya :D

·
Registered
385 Posts
DID SOMEONE SAY TATTOOS????????

·
Registered
2,254 Posts
ynot said:
DID SOMEONE SAY TATTOOS????????
LMAO....I feel ya...I need some ink soon...

·
Registered
67 Posts
MrOrangePants said:
To test this stuff out, does anyone have any broken windscreens, a piece of glass, or a scrap piece of leather we can test on?
I've gotta stock windscreen from an 01 F4i you can test on..., some old stock blinker housings..., let me know if you're still wanting some parts.

Dave

·
Registered
1,727 Posts
MrOrangePants said:

-David
586-531-3515
Ill let you do my windscreen with the redline logo if it works, oh yeah, I have my stock one still also if you want to play

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I sent out PM's to most of you...but this applies to everyone.

I will be trying some stuff out tomorrow...lunchtime'ish. Please get ahold of me after 9:00 tonight or by 11:00 am on Saturday so we can make arrangements to pick up some test materials.

You may drop off materials at my office which is located near 22 and Van Dyke if you don't get this till late.

Thanks,

David
586-531-3515'

1 - 15 of 15 Posts