Sportbike World banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So last night we parked on the pad outside my porch last night as almost all the bikes in the area do. This morning I had to tell Brad that someone hit his bike and he needs to get up and put it upright...

Damage? Rt lower and upper fairings, mirror, and brake lever.

Thankfully it wasn't more. So we're inspecting the bike, I call out my other neighbor ask if he saw anything...because my mum had just been out there 1/2 an hour before that and the bike was upright... but there was one thing...

Last night there was a red civic parked in the yellow lines illegally and again illegally because our lots are private parking. Sure as hell I know that it's gotta be a friend's of the partiers on the corner... I'm pissed off... Should've checked the bike a-holes...red paint right on the back foot peg. They had enough room to back out without hitting the bike... and they didn't even have the common courtesy to do anything. Just my vent, in happier news I'm selling my bike.

If I see those people, I'm gonna show them the receipts and ask them nicely to pay... and if they don't... well... I'm not gonna incriminate myself to anything... Have a great day guys--- safe travels...

·
Strength and Honor
6,144 Posts
MeiJin said:
Just my vent, in happier news I'm selling my bike.
Did I miss something? :eek: :confused: Was the story a cover for your ditching riding or is this just in prep for getting something else?

Sounds like you've got the right idea for the Civic so no comments necessary :cool:

·
Registered
7,448 Posts
MeiJin said:
...Last night there was a red civic parked in the yellow lines illegally...red paint right on the back foot peg...

...If I see those people, I'm gonna show them the receipts and ask them nicely to pay...
Two things:

1. Speak to your neighbour and ask for contact details for the owner of the car. If they refuse, call the cops and get them involved. Don't hang about, waiting to see if that car returns.

2. Make sure you "sample" the paint that's on the foot peg. It can be matched to the paint on the car if they try to bail on paying for the damage.

·
Registered
633 Posts
Re: Re: Parking Lot Woes

cookeetree said:

2. Make sure you "sample" the paint that's on the foot peg. It can be matched to the paint on the car if they try to bail on paying for the damage.
Sounds like some CSI fun!!!:D

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ditch riding? Never. I'm hoping to upgrade soon! :D

As for the neighbors, they won't own up to it but it's being investigated!!! I made sure I got photos of everything first thing yesterday. I stopped by the main office and had a talk with the managers (who love us b/c we've lived here forever).

1 - 9 of 9 Posts