Sportbike World banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone ever painted their motorcycles themselves, if yes can you please post some pictures. How much would it cost at a body shop to touchup/repaint the lower fairing? (please state currency) would anyone recommend painting their own bike? Any tips/information please post

·
Registered
295 Posts
bump for an update because now that my feelings are hurt thinking about doing a little sanding and getting some touch up paint

·
Registered
2,442 Posts
Alot of people on here paint their own bikes. I am planning on fixing the fibreglass on mine and repainting it this summer. From what I've researched, its going to run me about $150 for the spray gun, paint, primer, and clear coat. You will need a compressor, I already have one. A basic paint job, single color at a shop from what I've been quoted is around $250-350 us. If you paint it yourself, from what others have told me, just take your time, keep it clean, and make sure you start with a good smooth base. It's also been reccomended to get some scrap fairings from a body shop to practice on. This is just the info I've gathered, I haven't actually done my painting yet but hope to soon.

Sepias

1 - 3 of 3 Posts