Sportbike World banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
LOL!! Thats too funny!

------------------
Watch out where those Huskies go , Don't you eat that yellow snow ....

Adam

·
Registered
503 Posts
is it just me or does the paint on the race track seem to be a lot slicker than the paint on public roads?

when i go to the track everytime i ride over one or the red & white area on corners i slide all over.. but i rarely slide on paint lines on the street.. even during "spirited" street rides.

------------------

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've never been on a track before, but the road lines they have around here are slick as chicken shat, especially when the roads are cool. Just this past Sunday, I just nicked the solid yellow line in a curve and both tires stepped out on me. Whoa Nellie!

------------------
Pete
"Four wheels move the body, two wheels move the soul."

·
Registered
5,474 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Aril, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Pete:
I've never been on a track before, but the road lines they have around here are slick as chicken shat, especially when the roads are cool. Just this past Sunday, I just nicked the solid yellow line in a curve and both tires stepped out on me. Whoa Nellie!

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Pete, why are you hitting the yellow line. Is the power getting to you? :rolleyes: :p :D

Around hear it just depends on where you are. Some of the paint is slick and some of it is as sticky as the pavement it is on. I hate the big arrows painted at intersections... those are usually slick with oily gunk. :(

------------------
John

"If Harley made an airplane... would you fly in it?"

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Aril, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by RCjohn:
Pete, why are you hitting the yellow line. Is the power getting to you? :rolleyes: :p :D

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Power? Sorry, I forgot to mention that I was on my Huffy when this happened. :D

------------------
Pete
"Four wheels move the body, two wheels move the soul."

[This message has been edited by Pete (edited September 21, 2000).]

·
Premium Member
4,762 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Aril, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by SpeedPhreak:
is it just me or does the paint on the race track seem to be a lot slicker than the paint on public roads?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I think it depends on the track, here in Arizona the paint on the Firebird track is not bad. If I remember correctly, willow was very slick though.

------------------
Robert Basil
It ain't easy being green - Kermit the frog
But it sure is fun! - Robert Basil

·
Registered
503 Posts
i guess its just like n e things else.. there are always variables.. temp, surface type, cleanliness, when the paint was laid, etc.. ive just never experiance really slick street paint & never had traction on a track.

------------------

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
I think I found your problem.... :D

------------------
"When it rains, we all get wet, the Pope and the prostitute"-Santana

·
Registered
468 Posts
I am sure that the lines on the sreet are equally as slick as the lines on a track. I know that the lines on the roads around here (Montreal) are slippery, as I often get the back wheel spinning when I change lanesd and cross a line. You are just not going as fast, or on the brakes or throttle as hard, when you are on the street. When you are on a track, you are using a lot more of your tires' traction, so when you cross a line, you are WAY beyond the traction the painted line can provide. Most of the time when you cross a line of the street, you are probably not asking for more traction than the line can provide.

------------------
Rossco.

·
Registered
766 Posts
I was talking to some guys from the UK on another board and they said some of the tracks over there use a special product for lines and markings that is actually grippy. I don't remember what it was called though. Anybody here from the UK that knows what I am talking about? (I obviously don't)

------------------
If you're gonna ride a couch, why not just stay home?

·
Registered
186 Posts
I know today when I hit the thick white one while coming to a stop my front did lock up. Stupid yellow lights and crosswalks.

------------------
Dan...Comfortable enough with his manhood to ride a 600.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts