Sportbike World banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 93cbr900rr and when i got it it was painted solid red with a white racing stripe on the tail. it had a white corbin seat on it, white factory wheels and my factory exhaust had been powder coated white. what do you guys think about a white exhaust? some say it looks good but some say they would never paint an exhaust.

·
Registered
866 Posts
a white exhuast? can't imagine it, I'm about to repaint mine black to clean up the rust a bit, post a picture if you going to ask a question like this

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i agree with the black

i am thinking of having my bike painted honda yellow this winter and the wheels black and the exhaust either chrome,stainless steel or black aftermarket like yosh,d&d or two brothers, and i saw some awesome graphics from tapeworks.com. what do you think about the color scheme and tapeworks. is there any other suggestions you have? all will be appreciated!!!!!!!

·
Registered
866 Posts
what you could do is paint it white and do funky red graffics, then the seat and wheels will work and all you need to do is paint the can silver. just an opinion, but doing it this way will save some cash.

·
Registered
6,400 Posts
Lot of flat tracking bikes. Cross Country irons, to desert racers have FULLY painted exhaust systesm & yes often they are in WHITE.
Not my colour for with 2-stroke dirt irons to road racers & so EXPANSION CHAMBERS I have painted them from header to other end in BLACK ---- they are good for a season plus.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Hmm.

I think if you put some CBR900 RR graphics on the farings that it would look much cooler. The flat red without anything breaking it up dosen't look that great imho. Or do the seats, exhaust, and wheels black. But I think the graphics would make it look snazzy.

·
Registered
627 Posts
I agree with the suggestion about graphics on the fairing & something to break up the solid white can. I tried to imagine what the can would look like if it stayed white & had red flames added to it. I've a friend who can do the photo shop stuff on his computer & I'll ask him to mess around with your picture just to see if there is something that looks cool.
I'm not saying your bike isn't nice looking, it actually looks very clean & maybe it would grow on you but it just seems to need a little more flash.
It's definitely very unique.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts