Sportbike World banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,279 Posts
Why you guys painting the bottoms of your boatsto cut down on alge?
I used to pull in to a drink and swim spot and wash mine with a brush without soap once every three months and never have a problem....
Nice and clean.....:(
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
732 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Duner said:
I used to pull in to a drink and swim spot and wash mine with a brush without soap once every three months and never have a problem....
Nice and clean.....:(
that's what i'm doing but more like every few weeks.
plus i'm getting a trailer so i can haul it out when i want :thumb:


mb.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
233 Posts
Duner said:
Why you guys painting the bottoms of your boatsto cut down on alge?
I used to pull in to a drink and swim spot and wash mine with a brush without soap once every three months and never have a problem....
Nice and clean.....:(
Around here in 3 months alge will be an inch thick on the bottom of a boat. :eek:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,279 Posts
TheCaptain said:
Around here in 3 months alge will be an inch thick on the bottom of a boat. :eek:
Ooops
once every three weeks or once a month...my bad...;)
Only took me....like....five minutes.....tops, for a 24' Formula
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
233 Posts
motoboy said:
that's what i'm doing but more like every few weeks.
plus i'm getting a trailer so i can haul it out when i want :thumb:


mb.
A power washer works very well of you have a trailer. And fuel at the station across the street form the marina is alot cheaper then on the water.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
233 Posts
motoboy said:
Get those boats going gentlemen! It changes your whole outlook on life for the bettter. :D
It did for me today! :cool:

mb.
I can have the worst day at work and a stress level that is through the roof, as soon as I turn into the marina it's 0 stress and all relaxed.:D :D Then you pop the top on an icy cold one and it only gets better:twofinger
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,279 Posts
motoboy said:
that's what i'm doing but more like every few weeks.
plus i'm getting a trailer so i can haul it out when i want :thumb:
mb.
My only pain in the butt was those little knats that would die and stick to your entire boat like poxy paint...and the occasional zebra mussels in the outdrive...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
732 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
TheCaptain said:
A power washer works very well of you have a trailer. And fuel at the station across the street form the marina is alot cheaper then on the water.
I'm thinking the trailer will pay for itself in a few years with cheaper gas, easier maintenance(get away from marina prices) and no winter storage costs. :thumb:


mb.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
4,823 Posts
motoboy said:
I'm thinking the trailer will pay for itself in a few years with cheaper gas, easier maintenance(get away from marina prices) and no winter storage costs. :thumb:


mb.
I thought of spending the money on a trailer much for the same reasons. But I talked myself out of it because i didn't want to wait in line to launch, wait in line to put it up on the trailer, and while it is at the slip in a marina I have some where to go and hang out.

I found a triple axle trailer that would fit my boat, but not sure if my truck can handle it. So...darn, I'm stuck hanging out on the boat in the water all the time. :eyebrows:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,279 Posts
DocThee said:
I thought of spending the money on a trailer much for the same reasons. But I talked myself out of it because i didn't want to wait in line to launch, wait in line to put it up on the trailer, and while it is at the slip in a marina I have some where to go and hang out.

I found a triple axle trailer that would fit my boat, but not sure if my truck can handle it. So...darn, I'm stuck hanging out on the boat in the water all the time. :eyebrows:
Dont forget, if your cities will allow seasonal storage on your house lots or driveways...

Doc...
You should just spring for a bubbler slip at DYC so we can party in class all year long in that cruiser ya got.
:D
 
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Top