Sportbike World banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So, when I got off down in Deals Gap, almost all my gear held up with just minor road rash. Nothing except my right boot got torn which I was REALLY surprised because these are one of the only CE Approved boots, and they torn right where the shin guard is sewn on to the boot; not to mention I did not have much contact with the ground with my right side of the body at all. Here are some pictures showing the damage. I'm going to write to Oxtar to see what they'll do to justify the situation. If they don't handle this situation in a way that satisfy me I'll never buy another pair of Oxtar again. I can certainly understand that gears will get damaged in event of a crash, but how my boots got torn seems to suggest to me that if I was going 150mph on the track, I'll probably lost a good chunk of skin because it might have tear the entire side of the boot.

·
Strength and Honor
6,143 Posts
Great "Gear" info, thanks. Looking forward to your follow-up on this relatively unknown vendor (I haven't seen much on their product quality or customer service).

·
Registered
5,373 Posts
kanwisch said:
Great "Gear" info, thanks. Looking forward to your follow-up on this relatively unknown vendor (I haven't seen much on their product quality or customer service).
Yep, you gotta love the first hand crash tests:)

·
Registered
181 Posts
That looks like it snagged on something. Maybe you had them too loose and they were able to catch on something. If they did snag then you are fortunate that they let go. Who knows what you hit on the road.

I've found just the opposite. My Oxtars have held up really well during two track crashes. I know someone else with the same results.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That's why I bought them, others have crash tested them with great results. That and they're also the only fully CE-Approved boots. To get full CE-Approval they have to go through a whole lot of tough testing to make sure they don't rip like this. I have pretty big calf, when I put the boots on over the suit they're always snug so no chance of loose boot hanging around. I don't wear loose gear, they're all snug on me.

CE-Approval Info: http://www.pva-ppe.org.uk/PART 3 THE EUROPEAN MOTORCYCLE CLOTHING STANDARDS EXPLAINED.htm

1 - 5 of 5 Posts