Sportbike World banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just a little story, i was out riding yesterday and bumped into a couple bikers while cruising...Needless to say we all went out for a ride, which was good cause my riding partners were not around and i wanted to really go for a rip..

One guy was rolling on a gixxer 1000 & the other a new R1..Me, i was on my freshly polished 954....So to the back roads we went to tackle some twisties...Les just say after about the first 1 minute w/ these boyz i didnt even see there tail lights anymore....:eek:

Ive been riding for a few years now and am fairly decent overall.....Im no Gary roberts but i can hang..Well my point is I was way outta my league w/ these dudes....I must say they both had madd skillz on a bike.

I felt like i was racing @ the GP500 while trying to hang w/ these guyz..They were madd carving out some turns and some nice leans...quick as hell....

After getting a little hott , in a few turns trying to keep up...I quickly slapped myself and just began riding @ my own pace....

I have rode w/ alot of different riders & was always able to hold my own so to speak...But i was truley outta my league..I felt like such a poser and was like dayumm, have some work to do, to be able to keep up w/ these kats....The funny part of it is, is niether of them race or never have..Just some back yard riders.

..Anyway, no that im finished :crying: ima go out for a ride, @ my own pace ofcourse...:rolleyes:

·
Registered
256 Posts
Good job not getting sucked in over your head!! Just remember, unless you're a top racer, there is *always* someone out there faster than you.

·
Registered
6,400 Posts
Snart thinking in riding at your own pace.

Makes no difference if they are newbies or well experienced riders --- YOU set your own pace.
One of the many reasons I like to ride sole.
In very different league I had two fairly new at the h/gun range. Worked with them, offered them larger targets so they could see their hits when I said "range closed -- check your targets" & would talk to them about how to improve their handeling as they both felt 'cup in saucer' was the correct & latest style & one with a revolver was drawing back the hammer with strong hand, pointing out I would prefer him to shoot in DA only, but that would come about later on.
Also I pointed out if they shot slowly then that was fine.
I even let them try out my target .22, a modified 9mm & a PPC revolver, but not my Custom made .45 as it was way to far for them.
When they left we were the best of friends, they had learned a lot & I knew we had some new members that would keep on coming back tio a range that treated them so well.
So it is a bit differnt here at our h/gun Club then what you met to-day in the m/c world for if I was one of the riders I would have riden at YOUR PACE. Still I have been teaching others how to shoot for past 20+ yrs (built the club from a failing Club to its present form due to being friendly & having PATIENCE) & I am not the h/gun director-instructor because I accidently fell into that postion.

·
Registered
580 Posts
Excuse me rida, this has nothing to do with your post but I noticed Smitty seems to know quite a bit about firearms . Smitty, about 6 months ago I bought what appears to be an M4 or CAR-15 from a friend at work. He got it mail order in the pre-ban days. I cant tell who makes it.The upper is unmarked but appears to be M4 with the handle, not the flat top. The lower is marked

E.A. CO.
KR SPR. LA.

and also where the magazine inserts

CAL. 223-5.56
MOD: J-15
EA. (serial number)

Is is a real Colt? Please say yes. Thanks anyway if you have any info.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey Nick,

Sorry, your AR is not made by Colt. It was made by a company called Essential Arms. They are now out of business. You might be able to find some information on them at www.ar15.com

Kel

·
Registered
6,400 Posts
Nick: Sorry for no answer.

Must admit I would have been lost. Reason being this is what is classed as a "Prohibited" f/arm in Cdn for it leans towards the "assult" f/arm, due to pistol grip, short bbl, semi-auto, over 5 shot capacity mag, etc.
I specialize in h/guns yet anything below 105mm (4" is 101) bbl is also 'Prohibited' & even then they can be confusing.

·
Registered
580 Posts
Thanks anyway. It was so great to find out who made it. I was worried that it might have been assembled with post ban parts ( after 1994). Since essential arms folded in 1993 Im all good and legal.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts