Sportbike World banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greets,

Anyone know any cool Sportbike gatherings in the Orlando area.

I know about the Steak & Shake onAloma on Thursday nights, what about other nights?

Thanks

·
Registered
23 Posts
Tuesday nights you have Hooters in Waterford Lakes (mostly cruisers and small crowd)

Wednesday nights you have Hooters in Sanford (seminole town center) they have a Dyno there, pretty cool

Thursday nights you have 4 to choose from, that I know of:

1-Steak and Shake on 436 in Casselberry

2-Hooters on 436 in Casselberry (up the street from Steak & Shake) lots of squids there.

3-Dukes on Lee Rd in Winter park (they sometimes have stunt shows in the parking lot for this one)

4-Old Town in Kissimmee (this is the best one IMO. couple hundred bikes just about every Thursday night. Everything from tricked out busas, to barely street legal racers)

Friday nights there is one at Hooters in Melborne (I have never
been to this one.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Are there any nice off-the-beaten-path twisty roads near Orlando for guys who would rather go a bit faster in the twistys and slow on the straits? Trying to decide if I should bother to own bike at all when I move there next year. From what I am reading about the area owning a bike may be more of a pain in the ass than fun. I am an ex motocrosser and road racer so posing at a restaurant parking lot is not what I refer to as riding. Thanks in advance for any input on this.

·
Super Moderator
707 Posts
Are there any nice off-the-beaten-path twisty roads near Orlando for guys who would rather go a bit faster in the twistys and slow on the straits? Trying to decide if I should bother to own bike at all when I move there next year. From what I am reading about the area owning a bike may be more of a pain in the ass than fun. I am an ex motocrosser and road racer so posing at a restaurant parking lot is not what I refer to as riding. Thanks in advance for any input on this.
It's pretty flat in FL, but you can always find a road with some curves. And there are multiple race tracks where you can run as fast as your heart would ever desire, with less chance of tickets etc. Plus you can venture into GA where the mountains are. There are hundreds of good mountain routes in the GA/TN/NC border area where you can get some good miles done with breath taking scenery.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts