Sportbike World banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

I'm thinking of buying a new or nearly new 600cc bike, would like some opinions on which you think is best for commuting 10 miles to work on everyday and going for ride outs on the weekend (occassionaly with wench on the back).
I currently ride a 1987 GSXR 750 but its just not shiny enough anymore.

Mt choices are:

Kawasaki zx6r (my favourite)
Suzuki GSXR 600
or
CBR 600

Cheers

·
Registered
3,644 Posts
y1_987k_750h said:
(snip)
Suzuki GSXR 600
or
CBR 600

Cheers
i think you made up your mind. the 6r still has carbs (not a bad thing). comfy. big motor. and kawi just knocked $200 off msrp.

·
Registered
5,474 Posts
I recommend a Tahoe or maybe a Navigator if you continue to call your significant other a wench. :D:p

Seriously, here I go again. I recommend the ZX-6R first for what you describe. It is going to be pretty stable and it is a proven platform. It will probably be the best of the three for 2-up riding. CBR comes in close 2nd. GSXR... stay away... recalls will happen. :(

·
Registered
698 Posts
y1_987k_750h said:
Hello all,

I'm thinking of buying a new or nearly new 600cc bike, would like some opinions on which you think is best for commuting 10 miles to work on everyday and going for ride outs on the weekend (occassionaly with wench on the back).
I currently ride a 1987 GSXR 750 but its just not shiny enough anymore.

Mt choices are:

Suzuki GSXR 600
or
CBR 600

Cheers
I too vote ZX6R. Especially if it's the 2000-2001 model. CBR600 a close second. But not as exciting as the Kawi. All the UK bike mags love the ZX6R although they always vote for the Yamaha R6 as the champ, due mainly to its awesome handling. If I were in the market for a 600, the Kawi is first on my list. Don't care whether it's FI or not. If it carburates flawlessly, it gets my vote.

·
Registered
3,644 Posts
Rogue_Biker said:
Don't care whether it's FI or not. If it carburates flawlessly, it gets my vote.
i think carbs are a good thing actually (a jet kit is cheaper than a pc2 and good fuel injection is so seemless, you don't realize it's there). i just didn't convey that as well as i wanted to.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Naaah. I got a CBR over the ZX because it fits me better. It is more comfortable to me, plus I don't mind the Honda reputation, fuel injection, weight reduction, and all the other hot goodies.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts