Sportbike World banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I purchased decembers edition of Superbike mag today and whilist flicking through the pages waiting to be served i could'nt believe my eyes :eek: :eek: On page 58 there is a picture of a Mille R from the rear, I started to read the caption and it said that for £60 you can get a number plate that folds in half horizontaly at the touch of a button on the dash which is designed for TRACK DAYS YEAH RIGHT and apparantly the switch has a light on it which illuminates when the plate is folded. Surley once this get's around and people start putting these on thier bikes this is going cause havoc for the police ha ha :finger: :finger: :finger:

·
Registered
202 Posts
Anyone know where one could be ordered in America? Or at least a site where I didn't have to make an international call to get it. I just gotta have it for those track days. Better safe than sorry. ;)

·
Registered
128 Posts
At one time I heard of a plate cover that was basically a LCD screen without the usual reflective backing. Leave the power off and it was just a clear sheet of plastic; supply power and it turns completely black, no moving parts, no homemade plates, etc. I have since looked for this item and haven't found anything. Does anybody know what I'm talking about, and perhaps a supplier even?

·
Registered
987 Posts
Frankie, the same company that makes the Integrator kit advertised the "Eclipse" as coming soon, but I haven't heard anything else about it.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Very good! I'm going to email them and see what's up with it. Their webpage just says "under construction" on the eclipse section. If I find anything good out, I'll post it here.
Thanks DoubleAught:)

·
Registered
296 Posts
FrankieG said:
Very good! I'm going to email them and see what's up with it. Their webpage just says "under construction" on the eclipse section. If I find anything good out, I'll post it here.
Thanks DoubleAught:)
Yeah bro, keep us posted, I know that a few of us would be interested in knowing about it, and purchasing one or the other!

·
Registered
128 Posts
Well, here's what I was able to find out on the Eclipse license plate cover. I know I intend to keep checking it out, this appears to be exactly what I would like to put on my bike (assuming it doesn't end up being huge and ugly or something)

**** email reply from them ****

Yes, your description is basicaly correct.
The Eclipse is not ready for sale yet, hopefully by the end of this year, or early next year. Keep checking our website for info.

Thanks
Michael D. Wright
M. D. Wright, Inc
www.flashalert.com
800-980-3517

**** my original email ****

> I would like some information on your Eclipse product. I was >told that it is basically a LCD plate cover so it turns black with a >bit of power applied. Is it currently available? I saw it isn't on >your website yet.
> If it is available, what is the price, and do you sell direct?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts