Sportbike World banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today I dropped my bike. My friend dtoped in the middle of a turn and i went down trying to avoid a crash. But I only scratched the spots that were already scratched, when my bro. knocked it over.
The thing I did do was bend the front break leaver. Does anyone know how i can bend it back without damaging anything else? Or should i have it replaced.

May be i could replace it myself with a little advice.

·
Registered
149 Posts
I bent my clutch lever the other day, and I went to see how much it's going to cost me after seeing your post.....guess what....mine is like $24 (the cheapest so far). I have tried all kinds of places and have yet to find anything below that. I also saw all kinds of bikes with $8 levers, but the R6 is not one of them for some reason. Any sites that I should try? If you are wondering what I did, see "cut grass sucks".
bRad

·
Registered
4,230 Posts
If you want to try it, most can be straightened with a box wrench that fits over the "ball" end and heating the area you want to straighten with a propane torch. I specifically say propane, as it doesn't have the energy to overheat it very easily, whereas an acetylene torch does. If you don't heat it, it will most likely break. Remove it from the bike so you don't heat something that shouldn't be heated. Actually though, replacement is still relatively cheap. Good luck.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts