Sportbike World banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Oops i did it again -> photos

After lunch today while heading back 2 work i crashed my bike :(
riding at 60-70 kmphslipped on newly painted line and drifted the rear off but didnt hi side, got the bike up and crashed on the left side the bike slid about 60 meters and i went something about 30 meters.
my leather pants are damaged but the jacket is ok i think,
my helmet is damaged but my New Sidi boots just have a lil scratch on them and totally saved my ankle...
the bike slid on the left side and it seems like i can fix it for much smaller amount than i expected.. but still a :2cents: i was saving for a new bike.
myself: well my left hand is huuge but unbroken,it really hurts.
when i fell off my glove just slipped of my hand and i was lucky i only have a lil scar there but im happy i didnt break any bones.

i learned a lot of this.. just remember if something is bothering you ride with extreme caution or dont ride at all...

will post some photos of my gear soon

·
Strength and Honor
6,144 Posts
Glad you got out relatively unscathed. I've read a lot about folks in the twisties getting some sliding in turns when crossing the lines, and those were dry lines. B/c of this, I try to stay well away from the lines in general.

'Course, I ride really close to them, b/c being in the middle of the road:
1) makes you REALLY visible (tho staying there when passing oncoming can be a bad idea)
2) keeps me as far from the roadside ditches and corn as possible, which are deer hideouts
3) gives me the maximum reaction time in case something comes in from either side
4) is generally cleaner, rock-wise

Looking forward to the pics.

And your injury will give you a reprieve from those spelling Nazis out there (YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE :finger: )
:twofinger

·
Registered
3,052 Posts
sorry to hear of your misfortune...get well quick and get back on that horse:thumbs2:

·
Registered
6,400 Posts
Simon: Hope all can be corrected with little cost. Your bit "--if something is bothering you ride with extreme caution or dont ride at all...---" fits in so well with my defensive form of riding & one part is one must have 100% concentration of the road & traffic with the mind not mulling over something else, most one's mind should be forced to do is remember where it is going & staying within the safety speeds & safety zones from other vehicles.
My "thank you" for bringing out what helped to create the prang.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
well last night i had to go to the hospital, they found out that i broke my wrist on both hands but broke it almost in 2 pices on my left hand but only a little bit on my right hand..
but i got the chance to cheak out the bike better yesterday and its damage are only on the cosmetic..

took few pictures of my gear yesterday and hope to get em uploaded on a sever today..

·
Strength and Honor
6,144 Posts
Kevlar7R said:
Don't worry, I'll leave him alone because he's hurt. Thats a perfectly acceptable excuse.
Some spelling Nazi you turned out to be! You missed the one I had in my post, which you even quoted. :twofinger

·
Registered
6,400 Posts
What did they do with the wrist with the most damage? Not a good thing & in time that or both can come to haunt you. I know for often I broke parts of my left hand & wrist result (from '47 till 87) is by '91 the left hand is weak, wrist as dropped in size & I only have 25% of the original strength. Really a bummer.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Sorry to hear about your injuries, that sucks, glad to hear your bike damage is only cosmetic. I really hope you have a girlfriend or wife with two broken wrists:D . Just playin, get well soon!!

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
they put both of my hands in a (stuff i dont know how to write in english think its called Cast) but the pain is finally getting better.
well dont have a gf or a wife :) so its better to have few girls that want to nurse :D than a one :)

·
Registered
6,400 Posts
Thank goodness to a crash helmets.

Hmmm. This business of both wrists being in casts is a bit of a problem. Fortunately I have only had the left in a cast a few times & right just once (never the two at the same time) or ignored the injuries & tried to cure on my own WHICH is not a good idea.

Just think of the short TRUE novel from start to finish for there are toils up ahead, like how to dump one, how to bathe, -------well I leave it to you. All through a small incident so those new to the m/cing world & thinking they will never go down ------- not really so in all cases.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts