Sportbike World banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just had a most embarrassing moment on my '00
Zx-6R!!! I had stopped on the side of the Interstate (on somewhat of an embankment), and I let the bike
get overbalanced. I didn't catch it, and I now have a small area of scratches on the right side. Also, the front turn signal stalk popped out. I can pop it back in, but I can't really get to the inside with my hands to reconnect the metal bracket to the inside of the rubber stalk. Nothing there broke, just popped loose. I have read about the ride height adjuster, and I was wondering if any of you have info on how to do that. Is it OK to do so? I was thinking this would really give me more leverage with the bike, and probably wouldn't hurt much with ride/handling with my size (5'6" and 145 lbs.) Also, how are is it to take off the fairing panels, and what do I need to know? Thanks for you help!

Ron

·
Registered
3,644 Posts
i'm not sure that the 6r has a ride height adjuster...it might, and they all should, but few do.

the fairings are straight forward, just don't force anything. unscrew the screws and pull gently to find the ones you didn't find.

btw, your turn signal is likely crap now.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts