Sportbike World banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, I'm just doing my part to increase traffic in here. :D

I have a bar mount for my radar detector and I have an earpiece from a set of headphones mounted in my helmet. I was worried about getting off of the bike with the earpice plugged directly into the detector. So, I ran a 1/8" mini plug extension cord from the detector to a spot just under the seat.

I zip-tied the extension cable to the detector mount and then to the clutch cable.

From there I attached it to the wire cluster and then up and under the tank

I wedged the female end in between the tank and the body work. It is a very tight fit and should never come out on it's own.

Here you can see the earpiece plugged into the extension cable. I run the wire from the earpiece down through my jacket so it comes out right over my left leg.

So, now if I get off of the bike without unplugging (like have already done a few times), I won't mess up the plug on the detector itself. :thumb:

Alright, here's one more project. i removed the passenger pegs but I still needed an exhaust hanger. I ground and Dremeled the right peg hanger to reshape it. I then painted it with the high temp paint. It's pretty ugly but it's not so conspicuous in the black paint. :)

·
Registered
505 Posts
man you did some good thinking on that one and that paint does make the ugly plastic look a heck of a lot better:thumb:

·
Registered
139 Posts
oooooh i should do that with one of those mp3 / radio's so i can get some music on my beast... eh.. on second though i need as much concentration as i can get... nice mod though, looks pretty clean from the pictures good work ;)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts