Sportbike World banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A lady had a tire blow out going down the interstate. She lost control, ran off the road, hit an embankment, and went airborn. They brought in a chopper to take her to the hospital (she was dead when she arrived) so a cop parked his car sideways in teh road to direct traffic onto an exit off the highway so the chopper could land on teh road.

The cop is talking to a trucker when he hears screeching. He looks over just in time to see a guy on a cruiser dump his bike and side into the side of his cop car. His helmet was strapped to the back of his bike, he was not wearing it. They took him to the hospital where he died. The accident is weird because of the way it took place;

-That is a huge open interstate with no corners.
-The cop car had his lights flashing in the middle of the road. All other traffic was in the exit lane, he was alone with noone in front of him. There is no way the biker didn't see the cop car.
-The cop car was across 2 lanes, he has plenty of road to ride to either side of the cop car.

It seems odd that a biker traveling in a straight line at a cop car locked his brakes so bad he lowsided and slid into the cop car. It was a cruiser so he couldn't have been going THAT fast.

Note in the pic you can see the helmet still strapped to the bike.

Attachments

·
Registered
455 Posts
Can you say drunk?

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
mbnickel said:
Hey Vector4, did you actually see this acident or did the pic come from somewhere else? If you were there, what did you see?:confused:
Skidmarks, and some stupid dead guy wearing one tennis shoe.:rolleyes: :D

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It was at 8:30 in the morning, I guess he could have still been drunk...

No I didn't personally see it, I work at the newspaper and that's a picture our photographers took. Witnesses said it was a low side. But I agree the way the bike is positioned to the car it looks kinda confusing as to how a lowside got it there, I am thinking it bounced off somehow and landed there.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts