Sportbike World banner

Old Skool Rules !! ..... bring back the good old days

5K views 49 replies 12 participants last post by  WOLVERINE II 
#1 · (Edited)
Plaster your 'Legends of all Time' here lads ....

For me, it's gotta be the lovely GSX-R750F .... yes DG, I do secretly hold a bone for at least one suzuki ;-)

Attachments

See less See more
#4 ·
That oil cooled gsxr thing was a pig ugly beast even in it's day..... I can't see one part of it I like :D

BUT I often think back and wish I'd kept my battered and bruised RG500. The thing nearly killed me, but I loved every minute of it... was riding it a good few months before I even had my licence (was it 1988??) :cool:

Was the first thing around that REALLY needed a steering damper and check out the MASSIVE box section swinger, cornered like a well used shopping trolley ;)

Attachments

#16 · (Edited)
Gixxer_Dave said:
Isn't it just the roadie FZR750??

Judging by the alu fairing mount and the double fuel filler i can almost see and the single seat it looks a OWO1.

Not that many FZR 750's made. the only 2 i ever rode were both from Japan.

No 14 ??? No idea ...as they never showed bike racing in any of the hospitals i was in i wouldn't like to say.:crying:

#19 ·
Bikes on TV

I remember this show called Chips or something. Had two cops on bikes with their sunglasses permanently on their face running around saving the day. This show was around when I was a kid. Think the bikes were some kind of a Honda...CBX maybe?

an old skool bike that I kinda like and used to watch my dad ride around on is the Kawasaki GPZ900R. :thumb: was some kind of an olive green.....

#20 ·
Cool for Cats?

My father had big side burns, and a suzuki 250 two stroker (I think)..... I remember thinking that he should have bought the one with 4 pipes ... it would have been cooler with the kids in the play ground.

Still, his cred wasn't that great with the L plate on the back anyways!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.