Sportbike World banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Used to own one of these a looong time ago but I sold it back to the shop after a discovered a nasty crack at the bottom of the steering stem 2 months later but I loved that bike!!

·
Registered
447 Posts
as soon as i get mine out of the garage ill post more pics of mine but this is the nighthawk s, in my opion 1 of the best riding cafe bikes out there.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
That oil cooled gsxr thing was a pig ugly beast even in it's day..... I can't see one part of it I like :D

BUT I often think back and wish I'd kept my battered and bruised RG500. The thing nearly killed me, but I loved every minute of it... was riding it a good few months before I even had my licence (was it 1988??) :cool:

Was the first thing around that REALLY needed a steering damper and check out the MASSIVE box section swinger, cornered like a well used shopping trolley ;)

Attachments

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Now i only I had kept hold of that lovely R1 of mine .... I too would be leaning right over, with the misses, kids and sink in the back ....

Legend!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
hoopster said:
Good, I saw your website. Impressive stuff. I envy you!
cheers mate ...

I've reposted your pic, for some reason it's coming up as an attachment ....

A ZX-10 .... and a ferkin beauty one at that !!!!

O L D S C H O O L R U L E S !!!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
Isn't it just the roadie FZR750??

Ok then old schoolers, who this then??? Rode mainly in Japan with a couple of years in SBK, as well as the odd GP and BSB rides :cool: This pic was from Oran Park in '89

Attachments

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
Gixxer_Dave said:
Isn't it just the roadie FZR750??

Judging by the alu fairing mount and the double fuel filler i can almost see and the single seat it looks a OWO1.

Not that many FZR 750's made. the only 2 i ever rode were both from Japan.

No 14 ??? No idea ...as they never showed bike racing in any of the hospitals i was in i wouldn't like to say.:crying:

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
Yeah I saw the dual filler and wasn't sure??

Maybe that one WAS a bit tricky - in case your interested, answer is Peter Goddard :D

Now come on BP, what were you doing hangin' around hospitals - chasing nurses I hope ;)

·
Registered
409 Posts
Bikes on TV

I remember this show called Chips or something. Had two cops on bikes with their sunglasses permanently on their face running around saving the day. This show was around when I was a kid. Think the bikes were some kind of a Honda...CBX maybe?

an old skool bike that I kinda like and used to watch my dad ride around on is the Kawasaki GPZ900R. :thumb: was some kind of an olive green.....

·
Registered
642 Posts
Cool for Cats?

My father had big side burns, and a suzuki 250 two stroker (I think)..... I remember thinking that he should have bought the one with 4 pipes ... it would have been cooler with the kids in the play ground.

Still, his cred wasn't that great with the L plate on the back anyways!!

1 - 20 of 50 Posts