Sportbike World banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It does make you wonder about all the "hype" for the dual-compond tire doesn't it, LOL. I must say that before Nicky starting "slithering" constantly out of turn 4, the RC51 was pulling away from both the Suzuki and Kawasaki. Then when Miladn over took Bostrom I thought that E Boz was Aussi toast!!

It was amazing to see how hard the Kawi was pulling out of turn 1 and 2 and down the PPIR backstraight after 30+ laps in a HOT day! Since Nicky faded and was not a factor for Miladn, it SUCKS that Yates had to "fake a bog" on the Suzk to let Mat pass by, Team Orders Suck IMHO!!!!

The best race of the weekend had to be the "formula extreem", Grant Lopez just whipped up on Kurtis thru the corners that ole Kurtis decided he better "back off" the CBR929RR and let Lopez and his "840cc" Gixxer have the win so he could take the FE Championship in "one piece", LOL..

Great crowd for PPIR AMA Superbike racing 2000, est. at 10,000+ and man I swear 8,000 rode there bikes, the parking lot was a massive "Bike Show" :D Even got to go on a Buell Demo Ride, it was a great weekend!!

------------------
BJ Ondo, "Old Fart"
Colorado
1980 GS1100E Suzuki
"Classic Sport Bike"

[This message has been edited by motorcyclerider (edited August 14, 2000).]

G

·
0 Posts
yea, great racing.. it was kawi's day. i laughed when duhamel wrecked (600's)& then lapped. i think kawisuckies like ppir.. remeber last year when chandler won. but i think that traffic had a thing to do w/erics gap.

ahhh the buells.. i was thinking about a ride too. but i rode to the races w/wade & some others from denver & we took the back roads to the track.. the same back roads the buells were using for a demo... i know those roads like the back of my hand & we got stuck behind them. the guy in the back was freaking out when i wanted to do the speed limit.. let alone add a little speed.

n e way.. it was a great race day... its kinda interesting to see where the pros crashed (coming into the infield off the back straight turn 3) & where the majority of the mra racers crash (coming on to the front straight or in the esses or in the carouesel.. but i dont remeber a one crashing in turn 3).

L8r

------------------

·
Registered
14 Posts
Gee,
funny how and "old" "heavy" "outdated" and "underpowered" ZX7RR just cleaned up on everyone at PPIR. :D :D :D :cool:

So much for being a has been bike. It is still winning major races. Hats off to Bostrum for his first AMA win quite a long time.

Also nice to see was that Picotte finished 10th on the HD ride... not bad for a problematic slug of a bike! :)

------------------
Fear Green.

G

·
0 Posts
Eric looked great, and the bike was set up perfectly for him, that's for sure. With all the pre-race talk about tire selection, it was obvious that he and his crew did well with choosing the single compound tire.

It was also fun to watch Yates pass Mladin, then have to slow down just before the finish line to let Mat take second place. I was kinda hoping that Yates was going to have to actually stop on the track to wait. :)

------------------
Pete
"The one thing that unites all human beings, regardless of
age, gender, religion, economic status or ethnic background, is that, deep down inside, we ALL believe that we are above average drivers."

G

·
0 Posts
speaking of old and kawasakis :eek:, everyone is spending so much time talking about how crappy chandler's doin'. :mad: the freakin' guy is 5th in points on a bike that is giving him confidence problems (not doggin' the bike, it's just not working for him). meanwhile no one's calling rapp, duhamel (the darling of ama superbike competition), hacking, tommy hayden (whose very fast, just not very aggressive) and every other factory rider behind him in points washed up (okay, i guess amasuperbike.com is calling kocinski washed up and trying to prove that russell isn't, that's another topic).

i'll say it, hat's off to doug. the guy is a really nice guy and a hell of a racer. i hope he's got a ride for 2001.

btw, the zx7rr superbike isn't heavy, they can drop the weight down from the streetbike with no problems. only the streetbike is a pig :p

as for bostrom, al ludington is a big key to his success. al was there for him during the honda good times. eric is really talented. glad to see him have a career weekend (let's not forget he took the 600 points lead as well).

------------------
Tony

the views and opinions expressed by tony (cbrf2boy) are the ramblings of a total idiot. sbw.com, it's administrators, moderators, and members don't necessarily agree with and are not responsible for anything this idiot has to say.

for more ramblings try cbrf2boy

W

·
0 Posts
Congrats to Bostrum,but I'm surprised he finished so well after Nicky covered his face shield with molten rubber until his tire was completely gone!Dunlop Tire rep said there was no rubber on the tire carcass AT ALL,the first time he had ever seen that.With 10 laps to go,Hayden was pulling away from Bostrum,Miladin,Yates until his tires let go.

------------------
xxman

W

·
0 Posts
Yea,I wonder what was going through Yates mind when he had to stop on the track to let Miladin by.......I wonder what went through Miladins mind on the podium.

------------------
xxman

G

·
0 Posts
glad to see u made it wade. my friend & i ended up going up 105 to sedalia & then back home on the I.

------------------

G

·
0 Posts
BJ,

I know what you mean about the parking lot at the races being a bike show in itself. Personally, I enjoy going to Mid-Ohio for that reason, in addition to the fact I love the races. Mid-Ohio gets a crowd about three times the size of PPIR (doesn't have NEARLY as good riding in the vicinity, of course :( )and the infield area of the track, which is all grass and has lots of shade trees, is like a park that's wide open to motorcycles.

It follows Vintage Motorcycle Days by a week, which also draws a big crowd, so it's a lot of fun.

------------------

·
Registered
5 Posts
Yeah right Mr green ninja, if you think that green pile is still competitive I want some of what yur smokin there bud :p :p Its quite obvious to all that with a so-called perfect set-up it will win with a better than average rider but otherwise forget about it :eek: I know that hurt :D

------------------

·
Registered
14 Posts
Sorry Doc, nuthin you type even remotely hurts... its all in the source you see....
Have a Nice Day!

:) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)
:) :) :) :) :) :) :)
:) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)
:) :) :) :) :) :) :)
:) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

------------------
Fear Green.

·
Registered
43 Posts
GreenNinja,

Don't get too damn excited. Remember the Harley led at that track last year. ;) :D :D

When the Harleys were leading Duhamel in the race I thought of you GreenNinja... I laughed to myself thinking Ole Ninja's gonna have some fun with that on SBW. :D :p

------------------
John

"If Harley made an airplane... would you fly in it?"

G

·
0 Posts
Does everyone else agree that Nicky Hayden is the $hit?! I haven't seen anyone tame a beast of a bike like that since Eddie Lawson took the 1989 GP championship on his over-powered, under-chassis'd screemer Honda NSR. It's one thing to see Garry MkCoy (sp?) get in those bitchin' controlled slides, but that damn RC51 wanted to spit Nicky off at every corner exit. I'm always impressed to see a rider even stay upright on a bike like that, but to pull away from the leaders whose bikes were dialed in...THAT'S just incredible! He should have been back there with DuHamel for all intents and purposes. Once again, one of the Hayden brothers made me do this:

------------------
"You must be fast 'cuz I was haulin' ass when I passed you"

1999 Blue/White YZF-R1: 2 Bros. C4 exhaust, Dynojet jet kit, timing tricker, dyno-tuned by Graves
2000 NBM/Lt Oak int/Blk top C5 Convertible - MN6, Z51, Vortex Rammer, A&A Exhaust, C/R X-pipe, Corsa tips, !CAGS

[This message has been edited by mashuri (edited August 22, 2000).]

W

·
0 Posts
Hey SpeedPhreak,how was the ride up 105?I didn't make it to Aspen yet.The weather started gettin nasty that afternoon,so I did a bunch of local routes.

------------------
xxman

G

·
0 Posts
it was way good.. hardly any traffic. i havent ridden that hard on the street all summer i think.. my tires got worn to the edges & got all gummy & shredded too... when i stopped my hands were all tingly. i think i found a new favorite route to denver & back.. :)

------------------

·
Registered
14 Posts
careful there.. if you are rolling the rubber on your tires on the street you are pretty much riding on the limits of the tires capabilities... not exceeding it, but you are really just a mishap waiting to happen.

That being said, im NOT saying you cant ride that hard, because obviously you did and im sure it was one hell of a blast (way to go!) but the tiniest anything to upset your bike and lookout... Just my wisdom coming through.

I still think its very cool when someone can roll the rubber.. Big time balls bro!

------------------
Fear Green.

G

·
0 Posts
naw, i agree w/you.. i was on edge.. its just i havent ridden hard all summer.. my friend was pushing me.. i just watched the best racers in the country race on my track & shatter my times.. & the road was open. so i just did it. that is NOT how i normally ride on the street.. i usually try to follow the pace when i ride.. but everyone gets a wild hair. :D

------------------

1 - 18 of 18 Posts