Sportbike World banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,
Don't really have much to say...I just picked up a vfr 750 to cling to the last little bit of youth I got before I turn 30. I got my 1st streetbike(86 rebel 250) when I was 15-ran it into the ground by 17. Got a radian 600,let a "friend" total it...lesson learned...got another one and rode the hell out of it for about 4 years,but sold it to pay for my motocross habit. Broke my leg bad(pins and screws)-a coupla collarbone scares,and a not-so-mx friendly insurance guy got me off my trusty RM 250 and left me bikeless until now...got a vfr yesterday.

Thats all I have to say about that...

If you are near Houston ,I'm lookin for someone to ride,only guy I know is on some wacky fat suzuki cruiser thing .

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
you think you're old????

Good GOD man, you're a youngin. ALMOST thirty???? Sheesh you aren't even half way there yet. Oh wait, you ride. Um ok so you MAYbe shortening that by a few years, but still, not old by any means. :D

Welcome to SBW. Have fun, be safe, enjoy. :cool:

I hope you are able to find someone to ride with. If not, just enjoy having the road to yourself. :)

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
Hiya!!
Welcome to SBW!!:):)
Be safe on that VFR,ok??
I hope you have some luck in finding some riding buddies.I think there are some here at the site from near ya!!

JIM

·
Premium Member
710 Posts
I'm turning 30 in August. I was all depressed after reading your post. Until my wife came in and said "If 30 is old, when are you going to start acting like an adult." I feel much better now. :D

·
Registered
1,801 Posts
I'll be 30 as well.... in Oct. 2009. :D I know, smartass. :rolleyes: But seriously 30 is not old. If that is so, I would be middle aged right now.

As for everything else. Welcome to SBW!
You sound like you have had it rough in the dirt. I'm not going to tell you the street is any safer, but you should know that. You can add a brain injury, vision problems and the loss of a spleen (I did anyway) to the leg and collar bone injuries. But it's all good. :cool: You have to enjoy life in order to live it, right? :D

Have fun with the VFR and I hope you find some responsible riding partners. I believe we have some members from the Houston area here in the site. Check out the new rider finder link.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts