Sportbike World banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got my new bike to replace the Buell M2 that I had (RIP)

After my boyfriend had a "face to quarterpanel introduction" with it, It got totalled. It was a fun bike, '99, Molten Orange and black. I really liked the bike but since it's history, I decided to try something different.

Now I just bought a '97 Bimota DB3 Mantra. Can't wait to get back to the twisties of NM with it!

MyMota has a 904cc Ducati engine dressed up for fun. http://www.3crazyladies.net/mantra.jpg

so what do you ride? I know that not all of you are on "big 6" bikes...

------------------
Judy
"it's made for the roads that lead to Rome"

[This message has been edited by OhMy! (edited September 10, 2000).]

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have GSXR1100. Adjustable 6-12" over swingarm w/air, on board air compressor, shift light,air shifter, two-step, and NOS. Everything a little lady needs.

------------------

·
Registered
165 Posts
Well...

I think the name is self-evident but...

Nothing too fancy... Just a '94 CBR 600 F2 with a Two Brother's Slip-On and other comsmetic stuff like mag. tank bra, carbon junk, dark smoke screen, solo seat cowl etc...

Next summer I am doing the steel braided brake line thing, one piece race tail section, possibly a new header, frame sliders for the track and for me, new leathers... We shall see....

Kirsty....

------------------
"No, this isn't my boyfriend's bike..."
My web site www.geocities.com/hondahuney

·
Registered
71 Posts
Been awhile but I figured with new owners maybe get a better feel for the place.

I have a 200 Blue yamahaR6 thius christmas I am getting a dual pipe kit which will be imported from the Netherlands and the front with have something painted on it. Most likely a dragon.

------------------
My Speed World
Moderator at
www.sportbikes.net
check out our womens forum

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
---Been awhile but I figured with new owners maybe get a better feel for the place.---

Welcome back 1fastchick...

I thought it was losing steam too, but I hope we can bring it back again. It'd be fun to get to know some other women on bikes.

------------------
Judy
"it's made for the roads that lead to Rome"

·
Registered
2 Posts
Yo Fast! Waddup peeps? I ride a '00 BMW R1200CE on the streets. I looove my cruiser, it is so bomb! I race an '89 Yamaha FZR 400 and a '00 Yamaha R6 @ WSMC. I'm going to pick my new '01 Turbo GLX VW Beetle up in Santa Monica tonight...I'M DYING!! :^D

Over ,

------------------
Jodie >;^)
"I've only just begun."

·
Registered
74 Posts
Well Im still on my beginner bike, a 1998 GS500EW, in which I have gone one tooth down on the front sprocket, and added a stage 1 jet kit. It was nice for what I needed it for. But Im moving up to a 1999 CBR900RR in yellow I get it come November! Oh man that bike is gonna rule, and Im gonna trick it out to holy hell, with mod's like a racetech gold valve fork kit, Micron pipe ( full system of course) maybe an ignition advancer. We'll see .....sigh* :D

Tiff

Tiffany

------------------
"It only counts on a racetrack"
See my website: www.sportbikegirl.com

·
Registered
85 Posts
I pick up my new bike Saturday--2000 Ninja 250r. Will be my *first* (insert clouds parting and angels singing here) so I decided to get a smaller one so that I don't hurt myself with my need for speed. (My everyday drive is a Camaro z28, tee hee)

·
Registered
94 Posts
my bike is a slow, heavy ass, can't go in the twisties 600 piece of crap. :D but that's okay. i'm poor. ;)

·
Registered
24 Posts
Nothing wrong with slow heavy asses, Amy; I'm married to one, you know!! ;)

And if you figure your bike is slow in the twisties; I'm guessing I must just sit still- who knew!!

As far as this topic goes; I creep around on a 2000 Suzuki SV650 with no special add-ons; possibly an M4 pipe in the near future... :)

·
Registered
5,474 Posts
saintLC said:
Nothing wrong with slow heavy asses, Amy; I'm married to one, you know!! ;)

And if you figure your bike is slow in the twisties; I'm guessing I must just sit still- who knew!!

As far as this topic goes; I creep around on a 2000 Suzuki SV650 with no special add-ons; possibly an M4 pipe in the near future... :)
I get no respect on SBW or at home. It's going to give me a damn complex. :confused:

·
Registered
74 Posts
Hello!

I ride a CBR900RR- It's loaded with goodies. The 17 inch front wheel is essential for best handling and less twitchyness! :D

Tiffany

·
Registered
150 Posts
I have a 01' ZX6R. Only had it a couple of months. Put a Micron on it about a week after I had it. Thinking about putting a solo cowl on next. Have a 01' Hayabusa too, but haven't talked the hubby into letting me ride it yet. Can't wait for this weather to clear up a little more to do some serious riding.
Oh yea, my first bike was a 83' Honda CB1100F, boy was it a peach!!!

Tammey

·
Registered
4 Posts
Just bought my first Ninja-Okay its only a 250 but it should rock. I have owned previously a Kawie ZG1000a-9 and am waiting to see how the ninja compares speed wise and handling wise to the 1000. I also presently own a 99 Vulcan 1500 Drifter and a 1970 Yamaha CS3C (precursor to the RD series)

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
Well I'm checking out a 99 CBR600 F4 yellow/ black next weekend. If I can talk the guy down a few hundred I just might be walking away with my first baby. :) I'm VERY excited!!!! :D :D

·
Founder
4,761 Posts
hot_rocket78 said:
Well I'm checking out a 99 CBR600 F4 yellow/ black next weekend. If I can talk the guy down a few hundred I just might be walking away with my first baby. :) I'm VERY excited!!!! :D :D
Good luck Diane! (fingers crossed)

·
Registered
7 Posts
My condolences to apex, I too spend lots of time looking at the ass end of a busa! How ever i am fortunate enough that my lord and master ( keeper of the key) does allow me to ride his mighty steed!!!!!!!:D :D :D (busa that is)
Yes it is indeed and awesome creature, however sheer speed and endlesssssssssssss speed aside, I still LOVE my R1 best. She fits me like a glove and after coming off (not literally) a shaft drive Yamaha V-Max (1200 cc cruiser) it is heaven. If i had owned this bike as a younger woman i probably woudn't be writing this now.... if you know what i mean. :p :p

·
Registered
18 Posts
Well, I haven't posted in a long time but I will let you know what I drive...

:) I drive a'99 Yamaha v-star 650, and occasionally I get the opportunity of driving a '00 R6... which I enjoy greatly!!! hopefully I will be purchasing one, come fall after my long awaited graduation from college :D finally LOL We will see... I am pretty sure that is the plan though :)

1 - 20 of 28 Posts