Sportbike World banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
377 Posts
Uh oh.

Philip Island is a major weekend retreat for cashed up Melbournites ( there are a few). Obviously being an Island, there isn't any new land to develop. Looking at the size of the racetrack and adjoining land down there it wouldn't surprise me to see it bought up and turned into a housing estate :( :(

It happened with Amaroo Park racetrack in Sydney and Lakeside in Queensland is having the same problem ( amazingly the local council own the main straight and want to sell it, but don't own the rest of the track! )

Shees to see PI go would be a disaster.

:)

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Long shot

I can't see too many developers spending tens of millions to build a hotel miles from anywhere...... sure it's a decent retreat but the chalm of P.I is that it has remained under developed

I've had a go at Amaroo and Lakeside and agree it's sad to see what's happened, but the real problem with both has been that they are located in the suburbs.

Trivia: Do you know that Lakeside has the highest average speed of any circuit in Oz... :eek: unreal track and the kink in the front straight will put hairs on your chest!!!!

How often do you get down to P.I Titomike??

·
Registered
175 Posts
Roll em' up!!!

Why don't all of us in SBR chuck in some dough and buy the track and change it's name to The SBR Circuit, Home of the Wolverines or some shit like that.... hell...let's buy the whole damn island.....:D :D :D

Gixxer Dave can manage the track from there......

Alright...here is my contribution...all $2.00 of it......

1 - 5 of 5 Posts