Sportbike World banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8,798 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://www.break.com/index/bikecrash17.html

Did they guy slip off the pegs? Or did he think the bike was way past BP before it ever got there? I've never seen someoen jump off the bike in a middle of a wheelie for no reason.

·
Registered
489 Posts
throttle junkie. Looks like he freaked and it just tossed him. Notice the shorts... genious!:rolleyes:

·
Registered
2,442 Posts
I looks like his left foot slipped off which caused all his weight to shift to his right. The bike started to cut to the right and he bailed. That kid was smart like a rock though. Looked like he rolled on the throttle as he got off and shot his bike. Pretty damn funny though.

Sepias

·
Registered
329 Posts
thats the product of improper technique and practice. when he got up toward bp, my guess is instead of giving less throttle input, or applying some rear brake, he freaked and put his feet down and gave it throttle. This is what happens when people dont practice proper technique, when it comes time to react based on instict, his instict was to put his feet down so as to not flip onto his back, it takes alot of practice to train youre mind to apply brake or release throttle in an emergency situation, as the brains natural reaction is to bail and get feet down.

·
Registered
108 Posts
those feet werent reaching for the ground. its pretty odvious that his foot slipped off the peg. you can see the bike shift like the dude said earlier. and as far as the throttle goes he was just holding onto the bars. when he was drug off the back of the bike it rolled the throttle on. its kind of hard to lift your throttle hand off the grip when you have all your weight on it. granted the kid wasnt that smart being as he is wearing shorts and stunting but i think it was slip of the foot rather than a lack of ability. still...the shorts...:rolleyes:

·
Registered
329 Posts
I disagree with you sampleofme, i watched it several times and I think that he freaked and bailed, he was not ever at bp yet, and his feet do appear to be reaching for the ground, if you pause it at the right moment he is actually standing with both feet on the gound before he goes down. If he had slipped I think his feet would have been a little further behind him. bikes always shift when learning slower clutch ups, aka lowering your tire pressure. It only takes a VERY slight uneven stance pressure to shift a wheelie, the slower your going, the more it shifts with the same amount of pressure to one side or the other. If he had slipped of i believe from my experience that the shift would have been much greater. the bike barely shifted. I wouldnt say its pretty obvious, as were all looking at a front on vid with no other info, but thats my :2cents:

·
Registered
96 Posts
jab said:
thats the product of improper technique and practice. when he got up toward bp, my guess is instead of giving less throttle input, or applying some rear brake, he freaked and put his feet down and gave it throttle. This is what happens when people dont practice proper technique, when it comes time to react based on instict, his instict was to put his feet down so as to not flip onto his back, it takes alot of practice to train youre mind to apply brake or release throttle in an emergency situation, as the brains natural reaction is to bail and get feet down.
i agree 110%

1 - 10 of 10 Posts