Sportbike World banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been searching for months to get my first bike and its been very disapointing. every used bike I've looked at was over priced and/or a piece of crap. So I decided to buy new due to lack of used bikes around my area

Now, I'm trying to avoid getting raped here... but heres the best price quote I've gotten

left over 05, blue SV650 naked.. zero miles on it... 6,300 out the door. Too much? Now I have'nt haggled it at all, I'll do that when I get there

but hows the asking price he told me and how much would be reasonable asking price for me to shoot for?

on another note, its extremely hard not to just go buy the thing and say price be damned. But I'm on a budget for bike and gear so...

all of the 3 posts I've made everyone has been very helpful, I really feel good about this one and I'm dying to ride

Thanks to everyone in advance

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
I am not up on the SV pricing right now, but have them work in s free helmet and some free gear or at least deeply discounted gear. I think when I got my bike, I got 40-50% off on the gear, depending on what it was.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Thats a bit high. The MSRP on it is 6k. It looks like they might be discounting a couple hundred and thats it.

I would try and get OTD for less the 6k with some gear.

·
Registered
376 Posts
300 over msrp out the door?? That sounds like a deal to me. You've got to figure there is about 500 dollars worth of tax in there that the dealership is paying for you, so you're obviously getting it for less than msrp, and they're not charging any other fees (?). Sounds like a steal. Although I live in Northern CA and nothing is cheap here: I paid a hefty out-the-door price for my bike evern though I technically got it for less than MSRP.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts