Sportbike World banner

Ok I made ya laugh, now I needs some help from the community... ideas?

3K views 21 replies 13 participants last post by  kypdurron62 
#1 ·
Ok so the situation is...... no job.... I was a relay operator, and if you know what that is, then you probably know why I dont have a job any more. I got tired of either helping 12 year olds prank people and say penis 40 times in a row, or helping people from africa defraud americans.... anyway thats besides the point.

So... no job, rent coming due in 6 days, bike payment coming due 15 days after that, plus utilities etc etc.

Now I got my ole FZR sitting in my garage, runs nice, mostly stock, 13k miles on it, and I gotta sell it fast. Any ideas? Ive had it in cycle trader but not many bites, so now im getting down to the wire. Its pretty much the only asset I own that I can dump off to cover my bills.

I was thinking ebay, theres a few bikes up there that seem to be getting bid on pretty well, and I think if i priced my girl around 2k that would make it sell, but yeah if anyone else has any ideas I would vastly appreciate it.

Not only do I have to sell it to get the rent bills etc covered, my R6 needs a new set of tires, well it will in a few miles.... like a couple K miles, so thats another few hundred bucks.

So yeah, im kinda backed into a corner here..... harder to sell this bloody thing up in wisconsin than I thought it would when I bought the R6.

See less See more
#3 ·
Naw the R6 isnt too much of an asset for a couple reasons....

1: its not paid off all the way yet.

2: It's my baby and aside from the Fizzer, the only means of transportation I have at the moment.

As for the bank loan, they already said nuts to me for that. No loan bail out for me, its gotta get sold or I am 100 percent boned.
My credit rating sucks more than Paris Hilton at an NFL party, its like 576 or something like that. Truly pathetic. Everyone else I know is getting house mortgages, and the best I could probably do right now is finance a small shed in their backyards.

#4 ·
Alright, then perhaps you could scratch together the minimum payment for the bike (borrow from a relative/friend?), and nicely ask for a short extension on the apartment bills? There's gotta be some kinda backup plan.

Maybe you could return the flag to the harley dude, and ask if he wants to buy your bike (seeing how he now knows that speed isn't all that useless). I'd say post up the ad on absolutely everything you can think of. Local news paper, ebay, cycletrader, tell all your friends to tell all their friends that you're selling. Kinda the way spammers flood thousands of people with spam email... they know that one or two will bite the hook. So if you have it up everywhere, someone is bound to be interested. Hell, I'd buy it from you, but I'm a bit short on change myself.

#6 ·
Yeah I'm just gonna flood the market and pray.

I really dont think its time to sell both bikes yet though, for one thing, I owe enough on the R6 still thats its just not cost effective to sell it, and its my transportation, and frankly, I'd rather be homeless and have the bike. Know the gun quote?

Well they can have my last bike when they pry it from my cold dead fingers.

If it absolutely comes down to it yeah I can borrow money from some relatives, but I really hate to do that, I dont like people bailing me out for my own messes.

#8 ·
Try your hardest to sell the FZR - if it doesn't go (and I hate to say this) then sell it to a dealer.

Get another job quick - Bartend, bounce, landscaping, etc. I made hellie money tending bar when I did - especially with all the bars on state street you might be able to find something quick.

Good luck - let us know what happens.

:thumb:

#12 ·
Whatever you do, do not list the bike on Ebay and somewere else at the same time. Once someone places a bid on the bike, you cant pull it back off ebay. You may end up loosing money because you would be forced to sell it via ebay, or have your account canceled. Good luck with it all though. I would go paper first, then ebay since ebay tends to be a pain in the ass for large transports.

Sepias

#14 ·
SepiasSoul said:
Whatever you do, do not list the bike on Ebay and somewere else at the same time. Once someone places a bid on the bike, you cant pull it back off ebay. You may end up loosing money because you would be forced to sell it via ebay, or have your account canceled. Good luck with it all though. I would go paper first, then ebay since ebay tends to be a pain in the ass for large transports.

Sepias
you do have the option of ending an ebay auction early, so listing it there and elsewhere would'nt be a problem.

#15 ·
Dont take this the wrong way but sometimes you just gotta do what you gotta do, go get a job doing anything. It's not for ever it will only be for a month or too until you can get back on your feet. so what you hauled concrete or something like that for a little while. It's better then losing your bike.:2cents:

#17 ·
wes54 said:
you do have the option of ending an ebay auction early, so listing it there and elsewhere would'nt be a problem.
If someone does this... keep in mind you HAVE TO STATE THIS IN YOUR LISTING... otherwise it could be a redtape nightmare to get yourself out of it :thumb:

sounds like a temp job is your best bet for a more than just an immediate fix... no shame in waiting on tables or stocking shelves... it pays the bills and keeps you above water :2cents:

wish you luck...
E.

#19 ·
I'm not all that concerned about that bro, right now I'm trying to figure out how to resize some pics of the bike so she doesnt hate me when I email them to her.... stupid digi cam is making these massive pictures right now...........

grrr this is driving me nuts.

#21 ·
If you don't have photoshop or any other utilities that resize pics, you can try this. Otherwise, the software that came with your camera should have some sort of option to resize em. If all else fails, just start clicking on buttons and menus and stuff. You're bound to find it eventually.

#22 ·
I finally figured it out but it was a bit of a pain cuz I had to do it by trail and error. To resize it with the Canon's program you have to set it up in the camera too, and the display is broken, so all the pictures I took and the menu display are gone, so I was just pushing buttons at random lol.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.