Sportbike World banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know a manufacturer of a quality MC boot that makes size 14-15 mens ???

I have been looking for a long time and come up with nothing:finger:

It reallys sucks bad trying to find gear when you are tall. Every "big" size I have ever encountered is for fatasses and not for tall people.

I am willing to spend up to 400$ for some nice boots, might as well after I had my pants custom made.

Any leads would be greatly appreciated:thumb:

·
Registered
6,400 Posts
You are quite right in that mfg people of even good working boots only go up to size 13 & some like Danner offer them width of D & EE. Basically a tall person has a long narrow foot.

When I had the sport shop in Banff, Alberta I had to fit all Wardens with climbing & skiing boots so we were into lengths of 14. Then I knew RCMP Constables were ALSO to be trained in the same courses of search & rescue only those chaps have even larger feet.

Fortunately I was importing my climbing & skiiing boots from a firm in Italy & could get this across to them so went up to max of 15.5.

Some of the poor RCMP had their size 15 feet with C-D width jammed into size 12 EEEE so no wonder their feet were sore.

One Constable took on a 15.5 in D width & from the info I supplied him, on letter-head paper, he was so happy with the climbing boots he would have gone to bed with them on.

He even had HQ contact me, for I sent him off with this said letter about his foot size with additional info of probabaly a width of only C (in boots the two pair of socks helped) & yes THEN they contacted the firm supplying them with duty boots & shoes to supply him & others with proper sizes.

Hey I suffered in size 9EEE shoes till I got in the clothing business at 18 yrs of age to find out I took a size 10.5 C & my feet were always killing me to when still a child I often walked around in my bare feet outside of home to even down in the main streets. Said clothing strore sent me of to Chicago for a school on fitting people with crippled feet. So then I was fitting those with, as an example, size 11 on one foot & much narrower or wider size or two small or larger on the other -----so custom made shoes.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the leather link, I need to get a full suit soon because I do plan on a track day and they are alot more reasonable than the other custom suits I have priced :cool:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts