Sportbike World banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,823 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Let's just pretend for a moment, that I have more tickets than I need for the World Series Game 1 this Saturday at 7:30pm, which are in left field section 147 Row M. So, if I wanted to sell two tickets, what is the best way I should do this? Ebay? StubHub?

Any opinions?

·
Registered
4,998 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
4,998 Posts
DocThee said:
Well, I guess my question really is how do some of these people ge away with selling their tickets for MORE than face value?
Sell a sticker for $500, and throw the tickets in as a bonus.

Sell them to someone out of state.

Don't get caught.

Have your girlfriend sell them so she get's arrested not you.

If you're really worried about the trouble you can get in, simply donating them to me will keep you from having to worry about it.

That'll be $50 please. ;)

DISCLAIMER: This information is being presented to be humorous, I will not take responsibility for anyone using this information for anything other than humor, nor will I come bail your ass out of jail should you choose to ignore my disclaimer. I also have never done any of the things posted above in case you are looking for a scapegoat, or happen to be a member of the law enforcement community. Thank-you.

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
I always see ads in my local paper (we have a no huge mark up law too) that offer a commerative or limited edition something or whatever plus the tickets for whatever outrageous price. Just list them as a Division Champions shirt with 2 tickets for $xxx.xx and you can say you were selling the shirt at the inflated price, not the tickets. I am no lawyer, but that is how a lot of people get away with it.

·
Registered
3,279 Posts
LuckyStrike said:
Sell a sticker for $500, and throw the tickets in as a bonus.

Sell them to someone out of state.

Don't get caught.

Have your girlfriend sell them so she get's arrested not you.

If you're really worried about the trouble you can get in, simply donating them to me will keep you from having to worry about it.

That'll be $50 please. ;)

DISCLAIMER: This information is being presented to be humorous, I will not take responsibility for anyone using this information for anything other than humor, nor will I come bail your ass out of jail should you choose to ignore my disclaimer. I also have never done any of the things posted above in case you are looking for a scapegoat, or happen to be a member of the law enforcement community. Thank-you.
"Have your girlfriend sell them so she get's arrested not you."
:p

Nice disclaimer.:p :thumb:

·
Registered
213 Posts
Isn't StubHub run by the baseball teams? IIRC, there's is a disclaimer on the back of the tickets directing you to a particular site. Drew and Mike were talking about it on the air the other day...

-Joe

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
shit i see people selling tickets all the time for stuff for WAY over face value on craigslist...my buddy bought some to a pistons game once last year.

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
DocThee said:
Let's just pretend for a moment, that I have more tickets than I need for the World Series Game 1 this Saturday at 7:30pm, which are in left field section 147 Row M. So, if I wanted to sell two tickets, what is the best way I should do this? Ebay? StubHub?

Any opinions?
Front Row Tickets (over there in Madison Heights) will sell your tickets or buy them from you. I bought some bad-ass tickets for a Red Wings game from them. Way over price...but they know the loop-holes.

·
Registered
394 Posts
if u wanna get rid of them.. ILL BUY THEM...

as long as they are not like 1000 a piece im ur guy. let me know

·
Registered
4,998 Posts
:laughing: You guys are going about it all wrong offering money. Doc, I'll take the tickets off your hands, and don't worry not a word of this will ever reach the authorities :D

1 - 20 of 24 Posts