Sportbike World banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
980 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't really know the differences between types of oil so I was hoping someone might shine some light for me. I have a 91 FZR 600 with 19k miles. I have had the engine apart for about a month or two to fix the transmission. I am wondering what type of oil I should run in it after I get the cases back together. I plan to register and insure it as soon as I get it running :D. Right now its cold usually around 20-30 degrees everyday with a few odd 50 degree days. I don't think ill need an oil change before it gets warm and around 80 everyday but maybe. What type of oil is good for cold/mild weather, and hot weather, or is it all the same? Also wondering if it makes any difference that the cases and all the internal parts have been sitting for a while open to air.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Just plan ol 10-40.No systhetic blend or full synthetic.The on your next change go with a blend.Youll go with a 20-50 if it gets really hot out and your planning on sitting in a lot of traffic.

·
Registered
980 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ive always gone with 10w-30 for my car, then when I brough it to jiffy lube they put 5w-30 in it, aperently the schwans trucks (where I work) also run on 5w-30. Could you explain the difference?

·
Strength and Honor
6,143 Posts
1 - 6 of 6 Posts