Sportbike World banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On my Buell every time I take the road I have an oil leak comming from the air exit of the transmission tank, when I check the level of oil is full, and no oil is missing,
once I had a low level and after one trip and the leakeage I check again and it was Full,
where is this oil coming from?
I check the engine oil and I had around 500ml of oil missing...
I am wondering if the transmission and engine are conected in some way that the oil is transfering from one another
Thanks for your help

Romeo

·
S370HSSV 0773H
7,434 Posts
I never would have guessed a Buell to do something like this....:huh:

[/sarcasm]

Sorry I can't help you, but Harley's are pretty well known as oil slick machines, and a Buell is just a sported up Harley (I own a Blast). There is only so much lipstick you can put on those pigs.

Just check the bike over from top to bottom. Perhaps buy a service manual to help you track it down.

Good luck!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Well, what do you mean by the air exist of the transmission tank? Have your oil (primary or engine) been changed lately? It would be an overfill that cause oil to come out.

If you overfilled the engine oil, the excess would be coming out through the air intake. Sounds like you overfilled the primary oil(?)

·
Registered
860 Posts
Check your oil at the end of every ride. Steaming hot, fill it 75% up the stick. Don't bother looking at it cold... it'll scare you! I overfilled once and the pressure from the extra oil popped off the oil cap.

Also check you crankcase breather tube. It sounds like it's pinched or has some crud in it. Your primary oil should barely come up to the bottom of your clutch pack or so.

You will have a lil bit of foamy oil/condinsation come out of the breather tubes on the rocker boxes. Depending if you still have the stock breadbox it should be going into a tube in the intake and back into the engine to be burned up. Since mine is modified I have my lines running into a lil catch can with a small k&n filter on it.:2cents:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts