Sportbike World banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
610 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a couple buddys who have the kawa's with the steering dampner. They have very little adjustment allowed. So we called Ohlins and they said the needle or little valve is restricted in Kawi's from the factory. We asked if they would sell the different valve or needle that is in it to make it more adjustable.. They stated that Kawi and Ohlins have an agreement on the dampners from the factory and they would not be able to sell us the parts to change the valve or needle out. We would have to buy a complete new dampner from them. Has anyone else had any problems with the stock Ohlins? I have 2 buddys with kawi's never wrecked. One is a 08 and i think the other is a 05. You can not get any i mean hardly and adjustment out of them. You can lift the bike off the ground and turn it all the way to hard and still feel no change from when it is dialed all the way loose... Oh btw I love my Scotts! Any ideas?

·
Registered
423 Posts
I bought an ohlins damper for my 05 636 and I absolutely love it. Its gotten me out of a pinch more than once and I hardly notice that its there. I'm sure its very different than the ones that come stock on the 10r though. The adjustment from full hard to full soft is extrememly noticeable.

·
Strength and Honor
6,144 Posts
Besides kawiforums.com? AFAIK, that's the premier one out there.

·
Premium Member
3,449 Posts
Is it basically the same as what you'd buy off the shelf? If so, why not just ask for the replacement part you need and tell them it's on a Honda or something.

·
Registered
423 Posts
Is it basically the same as what you'd buy off the shelf? If so, why not just ask for the replacement part you need and tell them it's on a Honda or something.
The one that comes OEM on the ZX-10R is slightly different than the off the shelf version. It looks the same but the internals are a little differnet so the price of the bike didn't get jacked up too much.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts