Sportbike World banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone,

I'm going to Columbus Ohio on thursday Oct. 6th. I am a Canadian whom is sick of high priced performance products. Can anyone recommend a good store to go to if they were looking to get a Vance & Hines SS2R exhaust system, cam sprockets, jet kit, stainless brake lines, and any other cool stuff? Thanks if you can help me out. Cheers. Stuff up here costs a lot.

------------------
Going sideways, spitting flames, laughing like the devil all the way to eternity.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Hopefully you will get a better answer then this, but at least you will have something...

Look at competition accessories (you can go to their website before you go). There are a pretty big place with pretty good inventory. Takea look at www.competitionaccessories.com (not sure how this board handles HTML, you might be able to click <A HREF="http://www.competitionaccessories.com"> here </A>.

Not exactly in Columbus, but probably within an hours drive or so along I-70.

No doubt there are closer places, and probably just as good ones, I am not from Columbus so I can't speak first hand.

Bill

------------------
"The object of opening the mind, as of opening the mouth, is to eventually close it again on something solid" (GK Chesterton)

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
Dude, if I were you I wouldn't make the trip just for parts. There is a site: http://www.starcycle.com

Go there, find what you want, and call them with your order. You will save mad cash and won't have to drive down here to get ripped off. Parts here may be cheaper than in Canada, but this website is by far the cheapest parts distributor I've found yet.

Good Luck finding what you want.

------------------
~Nick
Hey squid, wanna race? No, not down that straight road...we're gonna hit the twisties. Hey, where ya' goin'?

·
Registered
167 Posts
Brutha:

I don't think he was going to Ohio JUST for parts. Just adding parts buying to his trip.

Fizzer:

I get my U.S.-based bike serviced at Hinds Motorsports, which is north of the city on Route 23. If you want to call them and see what they have and what their prices are like before you go, their number is 740 548-5448. I haven't bought a lot of parts from them, so I don't know how they'll compare price wise, but they seem to be decent folk.

If you're buying a lot of stuff, the drive on I-70 over to Competition Accessories, as suggested above, may be worth your while. Check out their web site before you go to get an idea.

Another big dealer in Columbus is Northwest Honda.

Good luck.

------------------

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the info. I'm actually going there for a wedding. The bride is sooo cute its too bad she got snagged. I'm going to try competition accessories, three or four people have said good stuff about them. Then I'll try the Honda place even though I'm a Yamaha guy. Anyway thanks again, I really appreciate it. Too bad I won't have my bike with me. Take care and ride safe everyone. Here in Toronto 4 riders have bought it in the past week, it seems that cars aren't paying attention this late in the season as well as cold roads. Cheers.

------------------
Going sideways, spitting flames, laughing like the devil all the way to eternity.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Sanchez, order on the net man!!!
Nick, thought you were going with a bigger bore bike? Not that the F4i isnt going to be quick enough.

------------------

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm a little confused. What's this about a Honda F4i? I'd love to get bigger pistons, something like 630 or 660, but that's a lot of work. I'm looking for an exhaust for my FZR600. I'd order on the net, but after shipping it gets to be a similar price. I'll be in Ohio anyway and I have money so I'm going to look. I've seen the prices on the net and have them as comparison.

------------------

·
Premium Member
3,294 Posts
Speaking from expirience (And not just my
own) - you may want to stay away from that
SS2R VH pipe. They rust and I think they
sound like crap. Plus they are total corks!

IMO

Chris

------------------
I really should be working...

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yosh doesn't make one, I can't find anything about Hindle, Kerker only makes a slip on, two bros is expensive, D&D is really loud. Any recommendations.

------------------

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
http://www.parts411.com/ check out these guys, pretty good prices and great service. Have you considered a Micron exhaust--I have one and love it, finish and sound is great. They probably have the other stuff you were after too. Maybe you could order the stuff online and have it sent to Ohio to save you a little $$$.

------------------
"When it rains, we all get wet, the Pope and the prostitute"-Santana

·
Registered
987 Posts
I have seen unfavorable dyno charts on a ZX11 fitted with a V&H ss2r pipe. The Micron would most likely be a better choice, IMHO.

------------------

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
What about Muzzy, I found out they make one too. parts411 kicks ass by the way. They priced the ss2r sys at $419 when other was $489. Muzzy ones are $500 for a full system. I'll check out micron though.

------------------

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by RC51racer:
Nick, thought you were going with a bigger bore bike? Not that the F4i isnt going to be quick enough. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I thought so too, until I saw the bike. I love the 600 class. I also love the 929rr. It was a tough decision, but after riding a 929rr, which I loved, and then imagining that bike, 10lbs lighter, without the tankslapper tendency, I chose the 600F4i. A tankslapper was, after all, what caused my last annihalation of a motorcycle.

I also am amazed with the new color schemes. Totally badass. Once I get a pipe and headers on it (most likely Yosh again) and do some minor cosmetic customization, it'll be perfect for me. After awhile, I'm sure there will be a chip for it as well, so that will complete the power upgrades.

Anyway...the bike will be great, I have no doubt. Some stainless brake lines (a must) and the bike will be complete. I just can't wait to get back into it. Riding my cousin's bike is alright, but a '93 Kaw ZX6E only does so much, ya' know?

------------------
~Nick
Hey squid, wanna race? No, not down that straight road...we're gonna hit the twisties. Hey, where ya' goin'?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts