Sportbike World banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, I am a fairly new rider who has had my temps for almost 8 month now and am going to take my On Cycle test this weekend. I have been practicing the course many times and have found that a very easy way to do the U-Turn portion is to slightly drag my rear brake. I was just wondering if anyone could tell me if using the brake is ok for the test or do they require you to run the cone weave/u-turn portion with no brake???

I know everyone says to take the MSF, but it is hard to find an open spot...so i figured I would take the test now and then try to get into the MSF.

By the way, I would be taking the test on a Ninja 250

·
S370HSSV 0773H
7,434 Posts
I don't think there are restrictions as to how you do the tests (aside from the obvious of not putting your feet down, dropping the bike, etc). I don't recall them putting any limitations on using your brakes.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the info spice ;) i am really looking forward to passing the test and getting out and riding!!!

by the way,
I just picked up my new bike.. 99 GSXR 600 with 6500 miles on it in excelent condition for $3750.

Tell me what you think

·
S370HSSV 0773H
7,434 Posts
What I think doesn't matter....what do you think of it? As long as it hits your big-ass-grin-from-ear-to-ear button then that is all that matters.

Good luck and be safe! :thumb:

·
Registered
1,992 Posts
There is an old anecdote, of dubious accuracy, floating around out here in AZ of a guy passing the test on a liter bike. He made the U-turn portion by doing a rolling burn out, and spinning the rear end around. According to the story, he passed.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I just got my liscence through the MSF course and they actually gave the rear brake thing as a tip when they were teaching "the box". I know it's fine for FL. I doubt there be any problem with it in ohio.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts