Sportbike World banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Will my boy win the title?? Does eatin KFC make you faster.
Will Edwards get penalised for dangerous riding into the chicane at assen last lap. Way out of control and just down right silly....
Will they ever make "grippy" astroturf.
:D

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
Step right up

No, no, no and no...... all valid questions though BP.

On another note completely, I'm just about finished watching last Sunday's Superbikes from Misano, first one with their hand up gets it mailed over pronto :p :p

Just need a mailing address :thumb:

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
We have a winner - I'll get it off to you in today's mail BP..... ;)

Be warned, it has some of the last MotoGP in between the SBK races as I went off to bed and watched it the next day :cool:

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So let me get this right. There was bike racing on the telly and you went to bed ??!!!!! If you ever want to join the ranks of the armchair racers you'd better pull your socks up me lad:twofinger

Look forward to recieving the DVD. I need you address again mate ...the fuc up fairies came in the night and destroyed all me addresses:crying:

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
Between the world cup, recent rugby tests against Uk (nudge, nudge) , Ireland and the motogp, I just couldn't handle race 2 of SBK. Must be getting old.

As it's shown live down here the first race is 8pm and the second doesn't start until somewhere around 11.

Isn't rule #1 of the armchair brigade - 'you must not currently own a motorcycle'???

I'll pm you my details....

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Rule #1 well i'm sorry Dave but i've got shares in one back in NL and Tug has one too i believe.
No the main rules are
1/ You always know better than anybody else
2/ You've forgotten more about bikes than most know
3/ You can vividly remember how quick you WERE

Apparently scars and surgical implants are the latest trend and add points to your score.
I think we recently admitted Legend so don;t worry Dave your place amoungst our ranks is safe:D

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
In fact I DO know everything and have the scars to prove it....

What if it's been so long you've actually convinced yourself you WERE quick, when in fact you were just wobbling around getting in the way?? :cool:

I refuse to be part of any group that includes someone who thinks scooters are cool and corner well :twofinger :twofinger

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
QUICK erm erm well it's relative i guess. Hopefully quicker than you were last time out. As long as you can walk away with a smile on your face. Damn i'm startin tos ound like me Dad:crying:

Never been a believer of the getting in the way issue. The whole point is to get past the bloke in front, whether he's wobbly or not. :twofinger

You'll have to forgive him the scooter thing...i mean he also thinks Bacardi breezers are a good drink ...nuff said

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
Gixxer_Dave said:
What if it's been so long you've actually convinced yourself you WERE quick, when in fact you were just wobbling around getting in the way?? :cool:
I meant me not you????

You sound like your dad and I'm quoting myself, what's this coming too :p :p

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Know how you feel Dave....really do.

I nearly bought an F4 MV. for the living room:eek: Found one with 5 k on the clock and more CRC carbon than you can shake a stick at plus some factory exhausts and injection. Damn fine piece of gear and pretty cheap. tempted I can tell you. :D

trouble is i'm such a fat arse i look like coco the clown on one. ( looked pretty silly on the 916 i had too) But the looks of that bike and the howl you can get out of the pipes. Top piece of gear.

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
A long while ago I bought a carbon guard for mine, and I'm still paying it off :eek: :eek:

A mate of mine down here has the 750 MV and the best part is the sound, just lovely but I'd like to think the 1000 would be a fair goer??

With an MV under a glass cabinet next to the telly, I'd say you'd be odds on to pick up the position of president of the armchair racers party :thumb: :thumb: You could sit on it making brrrmmm brrrmmm noises while watching your hero Nicky - hahaha.

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
that wouldn't do GD, no where near sad enough.....nah sitting her in front of the 50 inch plasma with the xbox joy stick attached to the throttle pos sensor and the steering damper. That would elevate me to armchair God surely:D :thumb:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts