Sportbike World banner

Oh the Dilemas I face...

886 views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  Kyle 
#1 · (Edited)
Well I thought I had it all planned out... Sell the stang, get a job here at home, buy a bike, learn to ride it, be happy...

To make a long story, well...long: I hate my town and dont want to be here the whole summer, After two weeks of applying for jobs no call backs. For the past 20 years ive spent my summers at the Jersey Shore and I want to do it again this summer on my own.

I was going to use the money from the stang to buy the bike Ive had my eye on, a 99 F4. But that would mean spending all the money from the stang on the bike and insurance and gear.
Now I have the chance to work/live at the shore but the money needs to be paid upfront, money which I dont have laying around.

If I did my math right I could pick up a 96 F3 and still have money for the shore rent, house at school rent, gear and insurance.

Or I could wait until the end of the summer, save whatever money I could from the sale of the mustang, save up over the summer, and wait for bike prices to drop in the fall and get that '99 (or newer).
So the choice seems obvious....right?

See less See more
#5 ·
You guys drive a hard bargain :rolleyes: Now, lets get this mustang sold, do I hear $5,000....5,100...do I hear 52, 52 anyone...?

Kyle

#6 ·
Get a 92 EX500 if that's all you can afford!!!! Screw it, get the F3. The F4 wasn't that much of an improvement anyway so if you're gonna go used (which I fully reccomend) you might as well save as much as you can by buying a few years older. F3 is plenty of bike for a beginner or an experienced rider.

#7 ·
Yea im starting to do the figures now and im hoping that I can find a decent F3. The local dealer (cycle world) has a 96 F3 with 7K on it but their askin quite a bit for it.
I was thinking today and Ive wanted to start riding for about a year now... spent that year keeping my eyes and ears open and taking in everything I could and I dont want to wait any longer. Thanks fellas.

Kyle

#9 ·
Just a quick update for any still reading... The girl I was supposed live with backed out:finger: Im still trying to find a place for myself, but if not then its commuting 45 min to the beach, and one less (and large) payment.

Im still going to go with the older bike however. Put the rest of the money someplace where it will grow so I can play harder later:rolleyes:

Kyle

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.