Sportbike World banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Keep getting referrals here. 'bout time I joined. I know a bit about all you from reading things here and there about the forum. So in return, here's about me:

I am in my mid 20s and have a wonderful time riding all around Michigan, usally the whole thing in a weekend... just for kicks. I work at a bike shop in Grand Rapids, Michigan called "Treads & Sleds". I love it here they've always been good to me and now I'm employed here so it's even better.

I learned to ride on an 86 Honda Interceptor 500. Then bought a 2001 ZX-6R on eday. Rode that for awhile, and about a year later I bought my bike from "a little old lady" who sold me her 2006 GSXR750 to buy a 'Busa from me - go her!

I aspire to turn my Gixxer into a tracck bike and get my old ZX-6R back from my friend. But that will probably be years from now as I haven't got the money to get on the track... once on the track I'll never turn back. And that's expensive.

I'm currently building a website for to be a resource for women sport bikers. I want it to be a tool that women can use to learn to talk the talk, walk the walk, and ride the roads. I don't want it to be another forum, but a central location for lady riders. So far it's been fun, especially since I'm more of a computer geek than I am a rider.

I am a web developer, or rather was before I started selling bikes for a living. Someday I'll go back to that world... maybe.

And since I can't ride year round I'm a ski instructor in the winter time. Drag a knee on the pavement, and a hip on the snow!! Weeeeeeeeeee!

So that's me. Glad to be here.

·
Registered
7,447 Posts
chickonabike said:
...I am in my mid 20s...

...I work at a bike shop...

...bought a 2001 ZX-6R...

...turn my Gixxer into a track bike...

...get my old ZX-6R back...

...I'm a ski instructor...
Look out, here come the leg-humpers!

·
Super Moderator
704 Posts
chickonabike said:
So that's me. Glad to be here.
Welcome :twofinger
(standard SBW greeting... sorry no leg humping like cookie promised)

·
Registered
139 Posts
welcome...

i spent the first half of my summer living in grand rapids...again...

went there for school in 04 and promptly came back to california after a few semesters.

i was living on fulton ave. right before it drops down the hill to downtown GR.

where is the cycle shop you work at located? i'm guessing 28th street?

·
Strength and Honor
6,143 Posts
Welcome :cheers:

·
Resident Smart Ass!
3,933 Posts
Re: Re: Oh Hai! I'm a chick on a bike

HEY, how YOU doin? :eyebrows:

cookeetree said:
Look out, here come the leg-humpers!

DAMN IT COOKEE!!! Why did you warn her?! :twofinger

Alright, enough of that. Welcome to the site! :hello:

·
Premium Member
4,823 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I've noticed there are quite a number of Michigan riders in here. Perhaps because we have to be extremely energetic riders to put up with this weather.

Thanks for all the warm welcomes so far.

For the record, Treads is on 29th, which is close enough to 28th. I just got a bunch of picture messages from my boss in Vegas too - I'll post that info elsewhere. :)

I love having the inside scoop.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
oh, and leg humpers:

Not to worry, you have no idea what I look like. 300lbs? Skin so full of pimples you can't find my nose? Hotest thing on 2 wheel? Some birth defect that makes me all kinds of weird looking? Just consider what you might be humping against before you go rubbin'

;)

But all things fair: My man claims to be a very lucky man. I don't know if I take his word for it... after all, he rides a bike made by a company who makes keyboards.

·
Registered
165 Posts
"...I am in my mid 20s...

...I work at a bike shop...

...bought a 2001 ZX-6R...

...turn my Gixxer into a track bike...

...get my old ZX-6R back...

...I'm a ski instructor..."

(I'll add computer geek to the list)

Michigan, boy friend... Way to ruin the party.

Anyway... welcome to the board. :cheers:

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
SexieWASD:

I like your sig.
My friend's bike has a turbo. He's the most calm, relaxed, normal person you'll meet. But he likes speed... lots of speed... entirely too much speed really. But only in short bursts on the road, in the right place at the right time. Again, very sane man. Just a fast sane man.

The cops are actually amused by the "RACEU" plate on the bike too.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts