Sportbike World banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, so I've had the leather motorcycle jacket and gloves all along. But the leather pants I was wearing were jeans-style and not really made for riding. Plus the loose bottoms flapped in the wind, bugging the hell out of me.

So last week I saw a pair of JR Blasters on eBay in my size and kept an eye on them all week. Then I swooped in with 45 seconds remaining and placed the winning bid of $140. They look like new. The guy selling said he'd only worn them about 5 times; looks like he was on the level there.

Anyway, I got them Wednesday and wore them around the house for a bit (storming, couldn't ride) to break 'em in and get a feel for the fit. Really different from my other leathers: form fitting, thicker, and with padding in various places. And with the legs precurved, they feel weird standing or walking.

So, I wear them out on a ride Thursday and now I know why people say they feel like a Power Ranger. Never felt that way in the other pants. But the Blasters are more comfortable to ride in and cooler because they breath through the stretch panels. And they don't bunch up behind the knees! That drove me crazy before.

Now I just have to get a different pair of boots. The (originally) brown Timberlands I've been wearing looked OK with the other pants because they were mostly covered. With the Blasters they are fully visible and look kinda dorky since everything else is black.

Later.

PS: If this really should have been posted to the Gear page, I know the mods will move it. I couldn't decide. But I'm sure my question on what kind of boots to get goes there so I won't ask it here. :D

·
Strength and Honor
6,144 Posts
Invincibility

What I love so much about wearing my Tungsten pants is the feeling of a lot more safety. This has added to confidence, and to some degree makes me feel rather invincible. I worry a lot less about a crash with them on. Of course, that doesn't alter the degree to which I watch out for obstructions, but makes familiar turns a lot more fun since I'm more willing to try them faster or shorter.

So, welcome to the Imperial Storm Trooper corps :thumb:

·
Resident Smart Ass!
3,933 Posts
......So last week I saw a pair of JR Blasters on eBay in my size and kept an eye on them all week. Then I swooped in with 45 seconds remaining and placed the winning bid of $140. ...

You sum bitch! That was you that stole my auction!

:twofinger

Just kidding bro! AS for where you posted, I don't think it is that big of an issue. Don't worry about the Power Ranger look, I think it happens to all of us. :thumb:

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Re: Invincibility

kanwisch said:
So, welcome to the Imperial Storm Trooper corps :thumb:
Storm Trooper...Yeah I like that better than Power Ranger cause the Rangers are wearing spandex and the Troopers have on armor. And that's what our gear is: armor, to protect our bodies.

"Dress for the crash not the ride" is the only way to go.

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Re: Re: Officially a power ranger now

Jester said:
You sum bitch! That was you that stole my auction!
Sorry, man, I had to do it. :D I lost out on the last pair the same way. Had the high bid, stepped away for a minute, came back the auction was over and I'd lost. But it worked out better cause the other pair went for about $12 more.

·
Registered
269 Posts
No... This is what a Power Ranger suit looks like.

I feel like I'm the center of attention when I walk into a Golden Corral for breakfast after a morning canyon scratching...

My neighbors call me the Super Hero, and my neighbor's kid called me an Action Figure.

cdma2k

1 - 7 of 7 Posts