Sportbike World banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7,448 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got done on the way to work this morning. Who knew I'd come across a motorcycle cop at 4:30am, on a rural road??? He got me for crossing a solid line (I overtook someone illegally) and doing 100km/h (62mph) in a 70km/h (43mph) zone.

I copped one demerit point and a AUD$60 (US$44) fine for the solid line and three demerits and a AUD$250 (US$183) fine for the speeding.

I was fortunate in that he downgraded the speeding from my actual speed of 105km/h (65mph). If that had stood, I was looking at a AUD$600 (US$438) fine and loss of licence for six months!

I have been turning the wick up a little lately, so I guess this was my cheap reminder to take it easy and ride safe...

·
Registered
2,442 Posts
Sorry to hear about it Cookee. Thats about my average for tickets though. Glad to hear he dropped your speed down a notch though. Keep your wrist down and watch your rear views! (I don't mean the Rear Views thread:twofinger )

·
Registered
7,448 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
SepiasSoul said:
...watch your rear views...

I never saw him coming up behind me. I could see a light in my mirrors, but just thought it was from the car I'd just passed. It took a few seconds before I could see his flashers.

I haven't had a fine, of any sort, in years. Actually, I'm a bit disappointed with myself, for riding so squidly.

·
Registered
604 Posts
It could have been worse....

I would have made you drink a Milwaukee's Best too! Good to see you on here again.......be safe and ride safe!:twofinger

·
Registered
604 Posts
been hanging out with some cool Muslims and some not-so-cool.....camels and things that crawl really fast.....but it is still not as cool as riding my bike.....look for me on here more often now that my unit is stationary for a while! Ride safe:thumb:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts