6,143 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Another

Attachments

·
Registered
1,849 Posts
kanwisch said:
That would be hilarious, if I wasnt the victim. Desktops can be somewhat expensive.

·
Registered
2,512 Posts
At my old company, we did that twice, to two different guys. One guy had gone to Singapore for about 3 weeks. It was Halloween when he came back. Being gone for 3 weeks, the "cobwebs" had completely taken over his cubicle. The similar image would be the scene in Lord Of the Rings (Return of the King) where Frodo goes into the cave and gets himself caught and tangled in giant spider webs. I think it took him about a week to clean up his cube after he came back. :D

Another guy had gone out on training for a week. We wanted to see how good his troubleshooting skills were, so if I remember correctly, we did the following.

- for the most obvious ("Ah, it's just the power cable"), we unplugged his monitor cable
- opened up his PC and disconnected the ATX power connector.
- Turned off all his on-board peripherals
- Removed the CPU
- Reversed the Keyboard and Mouse connectors
- I remember doing a lot more, but that was about 7 years ago

Well... I guess he got pissed, so he told the manager and we all got busted. I was the lead so I took responsibility. :(

But it was good fun, watching him wondering what was wrong with his PC. :laughing: Was it worth it? Yup.

·
Strength and Honor
6,143 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
DaDuck748 said:
At my old company, we did that twice, to two different guys. <snip>
You sir, are a bad influence ;)

·
Registered
2,512 Posts
kanwisch said:
You sir, are a bad influence ;)
What can I say? :confused: I love being a leader of men. :D :cool: ...besides, look who started this thread. :twofinger

I love the keyboard gag in the second picture. :laughing: I wish I thought of that. :laughing:

·
Registered
1,849 Posts
DaDuck748 said:
At my old company, we did that twice, to two different guys. One guy had gone to Singapore for about 3 weeks. It was Halloween when he came back. Being gone for 3 weeks, the "cobwebs" had completely taken over his cubicle. The similar image would be the scene in Lord Of the Rings (Return of the King) where Frodo goes into the cave and gets himself caught and tangled in giant spider webs. I think it took him about a week to clean up his cube after he came back. :D

Another guy had gone out on training for a week. We wanted to see how good his troubleshooting skills were, so if I remember correctly, we did the following.

- for the most obvious ("Ah, it's just the power cable"), we unplugged his monitor cable
- opened up his PC and disconnected the ATX power connector.
- Turned off all his on-board peripherals
- Removed the CPU
- Reversed the Keyboard and Mouse connectors
- I remember doing a lot more, but that was about 7 years ago

Well... I guess he got pissed, so he told the manager and we all got busted. I was the lead so I took responsibility. :(

But it was good fun, watching him wondering what was wrong with his PC. :laughing: Was it worth it? Yup.
What comes around go's around DUCKY;) :D The above was pretty good though, wish I would've been there to see it:thumb:

·
Registered
183 Posts
kanwisch said:
thats fucking hillarious... i want to do it to one of my friend's who still lives in the dorms. cept, he'll have to pay for the desk when it comes time to move out ;p

·
Registered
427 Posts
My old job was a capital of practical jokes. The best one I remember is when we decided to rebuild the cubicle for one guy who had spotty attendance record. One morning, while he was scoping out garage sales, we added a section with a window to where the entrance was, so it became a complete cube, with no entry. The guy was always game for practical jokes, and he smiled bravely when he saw what happened to his cube. We could tell he was rather pissed, though, especially since he had to use a ladder to climb into the cube. He kept it like that for a couple of days, and the visitors during that time looked absolutely puzzled by that arrangement. I think they were more puzzled that we were able to get away with such a prank.

·
Resident Smart Ass!
3,933 Posts
Not mine, but I wanted to do this on more then one occasion :D

Attachments

·
Resident Smart Ass!
3,933 Posts
Anyone know how to pull this one off? :huh:

Attachments

·
Registered
2,512 Posts
I remember one of my guys (I had very clever people working for me) made a screen capture of someone's desktop, removed all the desktop icons, and set it as their (victim's) background. Oh that was so evil. :laughing:

·
Resident Smart Ass!
3,933 Posts
DaDuck748 said:
I remember one of my guys (I had very clever people working for me) made a screen capture of someone's desktop, removed all the desktop icons, and set it as their (victim's) background. Oh that was so evil. :laughing:

:huh: how can you remove ALL the desktop icons?

Inquiring minds want to know.... hell I want to know! :D

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
Jester said:

Right click, then delete I thought. Are there some that are locked? Never tried it so I don't know.

·
Resident Smart Ass!
3,933 Posts
Slip-On Rapist said:
Right click, then delete I thought. Are there some that are locked? Never tried it so I don't know.

My computer, Network Neighborhood and Recycle Bin are not deletable. :2cents:

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
Jester said:
My computer, Network Neighborhood and Recycle Bin are not deletable. :2cents:
That's odd...mine are. No I don't want a cookie, but it's odd that's all. Maybe it's just a policy restriction(if you're at work)?

·
Registered
2,512 Posts
Jester said:

Must I feed you hand to mouth? :mad:

Enjoy... and try not to piss too many people off.

:twofinger

Attachments

·
Resident Smart Ass!
3,933 Posts
DaDuck748 said:
Must I feed you hand to mouth? :mad:

Enjoy... and try not to piss too many people off.

:twofinger

Attachments

·
Registered
2,512 Posts
Hey look! It's Richard Simmons!

Now THAT, would be an evil joke to play on someone. :laughing:

1 - 20 of 27 Posts