Sportbike World banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Resident Smart Ass!
3,933 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So the other night I was driving to the store. As I turned the corner I see blue and red lights. "Hmmm, someone getting a ticket I bet"

As I get closer I see a newer GSXR 600 laying on a flat bed tow truck, front end destroyed. I look closer and see a helmet, tshirt, shorts and Vans shoes laying on the ground. No sign of the rider. I imagine it was a scoop and run into the ambulance.

My question is, why do people insist on wearing little to no protective gear?

Or are they stuck in the mentality of "Oh, it won't happen to me!" Then of course the rest of use get to pay the increasing insurance rates thanks to these squids.

GET SOME GEAR AND PULL YOUR HEAD OUT OF YOUR ASS WHEN YOU RIDE!!!

Ok, enough, I'll get off the soap box.

·
Strength and Honor
6,144 Posts
I don't think some folks really assesses their own likelihood of falling. Instead, its an assessment of, "How most will I look cool [to my peers]?" or "How can I make myself the most comfortable while seated?" Therein lies the problem, IMHO. Perhaps its merely Idiot America reaping what it sowed, or perhaps its just natural selection. :dunno:

·
Resident Smart Ass!
3,933 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
kanwisch said:
I don't think some folks really assesses their own likelihood of falling. Instead, its an assessment of, "How most will I look cool [to my peers]?" or "How can I make myself the most comfortable while seated?" Therein lies the problem, IMHO. Perhaps its merely Idiot America reaping what it sowed, or perhaps its just natural selection. :dunno:

Don't they give out Darwin Awards for this type of stuff? :huh:

·
Registered
307 Posts
Heheh^^

Well I dunno. I wear anything from shorts, tshirt and tennis shoes to the full 1pc race suit. I guess it depends on the weather, where I'm going, what I feel like, etc. Usually (90% of the time) I wear Sidi boots, an Astars MX-1 jacket, comfy jeans, and the standard gloves and helmet. I wear that jacket even when its 90 degrees out since it makes me look cool and feel good on the bike. Those are big enough incentives for me to wear it nearly all the time.

·
Resident Smart Ass!
3,933 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I wear gear all the time when I ride, gloves, jacket, helmet, heavy jeans and either steel toe boots, Daytona Race Boots, or touring boots when I ride. If I am going in to the hills, full leathers. Heat does nto bother me too much really. It gets to 110 here, but I still wear full leathers, if I get hot, just zip the jacket down a little. :burnout:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts