Sportbike World banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
I am running straight NOS and it is the shit yo!!!

No, really I run either 87 or 89, I was told by my mechanic that all it really needs is 87.

·
Registered
2,517 Posts
Im forced to use premium (91 in CA.) cuz Kawasaki said I have to due to 12.5:1 compression ratio :(
~After jetting, it kinda kills the superior MPG of the bike compared to a cage on 87 at 26 MPG....

·
Registered
11 Posts
Re: 93 octane?

badchad said:

Here in AZ, the best available is 91 for about $1.60 a gallon (Aug 14 '02)... how much does 93 run per gallon out in FL?
The price today at the Mobil station by my house is $1.56 per gallon for 93. Thanks for reminding me I need to fill up today :)

·
Registered
391 Posts
Re: 93 octane?

badchad said:

Here in AZ, the best available is 91 for about $1.60 a gallon (Aug 14 '02)... how much does 93 run per gallon out in FL?
At the Shell station where I get most of my gas it is currently $1.61 per gallon. The county I live in recently passed an extra gas tax, so it is a bit cheaper in some of the surrounding counties.

·
Registered
191 Posts
93 octane plus octane boost.:twofinger

93 octane is about the same 1.65 depending on where you choose to go. I like to go to Mobil or Exxon....not them crappy gas stations. I heard that somewhere in florida a gas station was putting water in there systems. Owner must have a vehicle that runs with H2O. Dumb idiots probably was one of them discounted gas stations.

:finger:

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Dale Whelan said:
High octane burns slower, it's like retarding your timing, my street bikes run 87, my race bike will die if I don't run 110 octane
never ever heard that before, that it'll mess up your timing i mean, you sure about that? with 93.5 as far as i can tell bike runs just fine, never noticed a decrease in intelligence of the timing, as i would think it would affect the power and i would notice

·
Registered
391 Posts
ferracci69 said:
93 octane plus octane boost.:twofinger

93 octane is about the same 1.65 depending on where you choose to go. I like to go to Mobil or Exxon....not them crappy gas stations. I heard that somewhere in florida a gas station was putting water in there systems. Owner must have a vehicle that runs with H2O. Dumb idiots probably was one of them discounted gas stations.

:finger:
One of the salesmen where I work got a tank of water in his Mustang from a Texaco station awhile back. It was about 400 bucks to get things straightened out. The company finally paid for it, but they fought it for awhile.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Octane doesn't change your timing, it has the same effect as changing you timing. The fact is 1/2 the people can't feel a 10% difference in performance and we are talking in the 2% range( that # is a guess, but it is not a wild guess. I have a Dyno at work and have spent lots of time testing things, fuel is just one of those things.

·
Registered
7 Posts
yo i ran my baby out of gas other night had to push her 2 miles!

i run 93 and put 4.823 gallons in her 4.8 gallon tank

my car only needs 87 cuz the stickers increase the power enough right?? ;)

·
Registered
176 Posts
The GOOD stuff baby!~!~!~!

I use 94 octane fuel. cost is 84.9 cents per litre here in B.C. canada. it costs a whole 12-14 bucks to fill up the 20 litre tank.
conversions= 4 litres per U.S. gallon.
tank is 5 gal on my bike. so there! :D :twofinger :D yes i know fuel costs more here but it sure beats walkin.

·
Registered
7 Posts
yo my bike is smaller - and faster

you know the only person to stop while i pushed my babe to the gas station was a guy on a blue r6

cagers and hardly ableson riders passed without care

·
Registered
176 Posts
yo?

yer bike may be smaller unior, and in the RIGHT hands it may be faster (especially if it has fuel). i have passed 6r's and r6's and even a 750 gsxr on the outside lane of many corners. in any engine size, (grouped in cc classes)it isnt how much hp u have its how much skill the rider has. without skill power is NOTHING!

it may be a sport tourer but its an azzkikr!

1 - 20 of 27 Posts