Sportbike World banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My brother keeps on telling me that you guys over there in the states run really high octanes. I kept on telling him you only run high 80's and low 90's. That's true ain't it?
In NZ here we run 91 and 96 unleaded.
Anyone know what they run over in Japan?

·
Registered
2,517 Posts
Here in California, we have 3 levels: Regular Unleaded is 87 Mid-grade is 89 and Premium is 92 using the R+M/2 method (Road octand plus Motor octane divided by 2)

·
Premium Member
4,763 Posts
Here in Arizona we have 87, 89 and 92 (I run 92 in my bike)

You can buy much higher, but only at certain gas stations, and it's much more expensive.

·
Registered
2,166 Posts
In North Fl you can buy 87, 89 and 92 or 93 at the pump depending on where you go. 103 or 106 near the airport if you know someone.

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
In Ohio we have anything from 86-94 octane at normal gas stations and some have race fuel that rates as high as 125 octane. Never used that stuff before though. I always fill up with either 93 or 94, depending on the gas station.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I use 93 for my bike, but what really bums me out are the stations with 3 grades of gas and one tube. Bikes have such small tanks anyhow, 70% of the time when I fill at a place like that I get a good 3 litres of shit gas that's simply sitting in the tube. Then the next cage to use the tube gets my precious high octane :)

[Edited by Probis on 10-31-2000 at 05:52 AM]

·
Registered
192 Posts
Uh, Oh...Am I going to get Pete and Kyle to tell me to "lighten up" again because we are talking octane levels! ;) Anyway, we have 87, 89 and anything from 91 to 93 octane here in New York. You pays your money...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts