Sportbike World banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First qualifying session was last night.
It sounds like Cam had a mixed result with the BBC listing him 2nd fastest for the 600's and the official results showing him in 3rd fastest 114.58mph. For the CP Superstock event he ended out 14th fastest and he only did two laps on the superbikes and didnt qualify. Bruce Anstey was fastest on the superbikes with a 120.04mph lap:eek:
Final qualifying is on Thursday.

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Second qualifying

Cam is in 3rd for the superstock and supersports but 11th for the superbikes as far as I can see. I just watched the first qualifying and the coverage is pretty good so looking forward to seeing the race live on Saturday. Gotta say the BBC have it well sussed, if SBK did the same Id be well happy:cheers:

I hear that Cam is on second hand bikes so when he is up against factory suported teams with new machinery in the superbikes its not too surprising he is a little off the pace. Good luck for him on Saturday.

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
give us a bit more details on where you are watching this Tug ... the BBC channel on your satalite tv subscription??

·
Registered
642 Posts
NW 200

I think the latest updates are still only from the Tuesday practice though .... not sure what the outcome was from last evening as couldn't see it had been updated anywhere.

Cameron sent me a message saying that he'd been having some electrical problems with the Superbike .... he was pretty optimistic that with these sorted he'd be up there on the front row.

Its a big weekend for him as this is the first time in 2007 that he's up with all the fancied riders for the IOM TT and given his previous form to date he'll be looking to build on the wins he has been notching up.

Good Luck Cameron!

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Cant find superbike results..

.but this is the results I have for the Thursday, 10 May - qualifying session

Superstock
1. Bruce Anstey (Suzuki) 120.29mph
2. Alastair Seeley (Yamaha) 119.24
3. Cameron DOnald (Honda) 118.00

Supersport 600
1. Bruce Anstey (Suzuki) 116.66
2. Guy Martin (Honda) 115.31
3. Cameron Donald (Honda) 114.58

Hope they can fix the superbike in time.

You can download the results here NW200 web site

·
Registered
642 Posts
BAD NEWS FOR CAMERON

Guys,

Cameron had a miserable weekend at the NW 200 culminating in a nasty crash ... he's okay but I think its unlikely that he'll make the TT .....

found this amongst the news items

At the end of lap two the red flags came out due to Cameron Donald crashing heavily on the exit of the Junipter Hill chicane. The crash looked so bad the Ian Hutchinson who witnessed it pulled in immediately as he knew it would be a red flag. Guy Martin also so the aftermath and was concerned for Donald's well being. He was knocked out and broke his collar bone in the process. It is now uncertain if he will compete at the TT Centenary races.

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Bollox

I couldnt get the live feed to work so had to listen in on the radio. The comenary team sounded like they had been in the pub all morning and only Steve Parish made any sence. Between the race being red flagged and finding out Cam was involved in an accident took quite a while and the information only came from interviews with the riders. They sounded quite concerned about Cam but no news of his condition was available. I was relieved to hear that it wasnt as bad as it could have been but know Cam must be gutted. He did get a 4th in one race I think.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts