Sportbike World banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i need a front wheel for my bike. does anyone know what the numbers mean? i have two:
J17XMT3.50 & F-1286
i was told that the "f" number has to match to work with my bike. i can't find one anywhere. i have a 97 zx6r, will any other years or bikes work?

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
because everyone was replying to the wheel straightening part. i know that i cant do that cause the flat spot is at the end of the spoke. so now i am looking for a used wheel and wanted some info. it is pretty hard to find my exact year and model, so i need to know if there are any other wheels that would work. i know it's a 3.5X17, but i'm sure not every 3.5X17 would work. i've looked on kawasaki's website for part numbers and they are the same for a few surrounding years and even the 750's and 900's. i want to know if the bearings and axle diameter is the same, that's what i think that f number represents. but i'm not gonna spend 200 bux on a wheel that i'm not positve is gonna work.

thanx for the info though, i wasnt aware it would move it up, i just thought a more specific topic would be better.

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
Hi want2ride-

Here's to kicking this topic back up to the top of the page! :) Not familiar with those wheels so I'll keep my fingers crossed that somebody will have that exact model for you on eBay soon.

~ Blue Jays ~

·
Registered
7,448 Posts
want2ride said:
...will any other years or bikes work?
I found one on eBay. It's no good to you, though, it's in Aus. However, the auction states that it's for a 1995 - 1997 model, so that should help you a little.

Good luck! :D

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanx for the support guys, but i'm gonna bite the bullet and order a new one. it's getting too nice out and whose to say what condition a used on is gonna be in. i guess i'd rather spend the extra 200 and get new.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts