Sportbike World banner

NSR Honda

3K views 9 replies 8 participants last post by  dirkmc3 
#1 ·
Saw guy rideing one at the Dragon.Are these street legal?

#2 ·
I have heard of people slipping them by on the DMV. I do not think they are legal in reality. Those bikes are sweet, take a look at the Honda website and select Australia for the country, they have them there along with a bunch of other bikes that are incredible. I think the NSR250 is 6499 Australian, so I wonder what that is here. I would love to get my hands on one and run it on the track.

#7 ·
The Suzuki RGV250 and the Aprilia RS250 ( which uses the RGV motor ) were official factory imports here in Aussie. The Honda NSR250 was a grey import.

The choice NSR is the SP with alloy gull swingarm and dry clutch. That thing was a freekin' rocketship and would do most 600's cold.

:)

#8 ·
I have an NSR250SE (dry clutch) here in the USA. You can get them titled in some states. They FLY!!! only 275 pounds with a good 60-62 hp at the wheel with pipes/jets.

Im taking mine to the gap this spring...the first trip to the gap was with my 929...too much bike for those tight twisties

#10 ·
If you are interested in an NSR250 DO NOT BUY IT FROM www.tradendeal.com !!! SHADY! I got mine from them and it was a pieced together salvage bike. There are about 6-7 other customers of thiers who have waited 3-6 months AFTER paying for bikes and have either not gotten them, picked it up due to not shipping and have had to sink $$$$ into the bikes. Mine has about 40-50 hours of work and 400.00 so far in parts.. Kenneth...the proprieter is great untill he gets your money and then he is a ghost....

STAY AWAY FROM TRADENDEAL>COM. If you are interested...there are other sources out there. They are amazing little3 machines though

Dirk

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.