Sportbike World banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
C'mon...let's get this one going.. what was your 1st bike, or your last bike? Or maybe , what was your CHANGE in bike style.....
for example... starting in 1996 I rode an '82 maxim 400, then an '81 CB650 custom(both because of inflowing monetary restrictions), then I traded up to a 2002 V-star 1100 classic, which I racked up over 10000kms over the next 20 months(winters included). Then I came to my senses..... after seeing my best friend, AND next door neighbour drive a brand new(albeit last years model)2001 cbr 600f4i into his driveway one day, I was hooked. I immediately got myself a ride on the cbr, and the next thing you know I was flippin' through sportbike mags reading everything I could about every sportbike kown to man. So I traded the V- star on a 2003 yamaha R6. How about you? What's your bike conversion story?

·
Registered
5,373 Posts
Wow, you really are all over the place.:D Any chance of going back to the v star?;)

I made the small jump from yamaha 250 to yamaha 600.

·
Registered
460 Posts
89 XR 250 Thunper for the woods to my 01 R6 I always wanted a bike. But parents said NO. I'm a bit older now. I do as I want.

·
Registered
8,798 Posts
'91 zephyr 750 to a z1000. the zephyr was a great first bike. i got it becouse it was cheap, it was sporty enough to be fun, without being too dangerous, and it just refused to break.
next will probly be a zx10, but not for about 2 years, i feel the z1000 still has a lot to offer. also i really want to check out something other the kawi's. i feel kind of stupid being a loyal kawi rider when i havent tried anything else. but the zx10 is so sweeeet. :drool:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts